Part 2: chapter 45

Taehyun and Namjoon were back in Sungjin's cabinet. They headed there as soon as Sungjin left. Taehyun needed to find out as much as he could about Minsu because he had no guarantee that Sungjin would bring them to the whole organisation, so he needed to investigate it.

"Give me a piece of paper", he said to Namjoon and the latter immediately started searching for one on the desk. There were many blank papers on the surface, so Namjoom hastily grabbed one and gave it to Taehyun with a pen.

Taehyun put down Sungjin's iPod on the desk and scrolled through the contacts, writing down the number which had written the name  "Moonsoo" on it.

Taehyun was actually searching for Minsu's number in the device, but there was none, however, the name he just wrote down on the paper had brought a really big suspicion into him. That name sounded much like Minsu, so Taehyun suspected that it could actually be Minsu. Maybe it was Beomgyu who didn't know how to pronounce his name correctly, so Taehyun couldn't let go of the chance and noted the number anyways. He would make sure to look that name up on the Internet later, however, he needed also Minsu's surname to find information about him if there was any on the Internet. He could even ask Solar for help since her vacation was supposed to be over already. He would do anything to find that boy.

"Hurry up!", Namjoon said anxiously. Even though Sungjin was gone, he was still worried that they would get caught.

"I'm almost done"

As soon as he was done, Taehyun folded the paper and put it into his pocket, then returned an iPod to the drawer and quickly locked the drawer so Sungjin wouldn't suspect that he had examined the items inside it.

Both males rushed to the door, but Namjoon froze in his place and also made Taehyun stop when he heard footsteps slowly approaching the cabinet. Taehyun looked at him in confusion since he couldn't hear anything. He didn't have supernatural hearing unlike Namjoon, however, Namjoon was unable to speak since he was afraid to say even a single word. He could hear two heartbeats and smell the scent of two alphas. He knew they would hear him if they tried to take a step.

Namjoon flickered his terrified gaze to Taehyun, who was staring at him with a questioning look. He could notice how the older had started sweating and he had no idea why, "RUN!", Namjoon suddenly screamed and Taehyun barely had any time to realise what was happening when his arm was suddenly yanked towards the door, Namjoon holding it in a tightening grip.

He had no idea why they were running, but then he heard that someone was running after them. The sound of their footsteps was like a song of death in Taehyun's ears. He could even barely see. He was feeling awfully hazy like he was going to faint soon, and his legs were feeling like they no longer wanted to support his weight.

He was brought back to reality only after he heard a deadly sound of a gunshot and he found himself outside, in the forest, green was all that was surrounding him from every side. Then he looked in front and saw one of the guards aiming his gun at him and Namjoon who was standing beside him and still gripping his arm. Then Taehyun looked back and saw another guard doing the same. He didn't know when all of that happened, but now he could see that they were trapped and his heart started racing in fear. He could barely breathe through the suffocating dread which had attacked him all at once.

"We have permission to kill you if you dare to disobey our master", Taehyun could notice that the guard from the front was talking to Namjoon since his eyes were stubbornly fixed on him, "You already did, but we'll forgive you if you give us the boy without creating more problems"

Taehyun could feel some fear oozing out of Namjoon and he was scared that the male would actually obey the guards and let them take him, "I can't", he said, causing Taehyun to look at him with wide eyes, "I promised myself that I would protect him"