chapter 2

Taehyun and Solar were sitting in the living room in Taehyun's house, sipping some coffee from their cups as they discussed the case of Lee Daejung who was found dead in mysterious circumstances several hours ago. There was Taehyun's laptop laying open on the small table in front of them. Its screen had already turned dark since neither of them had touched it after discovering that the SD card, they found in the victim's pocket, required a password. Neither Solar nor Taehyun knew what to type or how to break it. Unfortunately, the person who was an expert on technologies and breaking passwords, to say more exactly Choi Beomgyu, had left work early that day, so they couldn't go to him for help. Maybe Taehyun's half-brother, Soobin, was studying ethical hacking too in college, but sure Taehyun didn't want him to get involved in this, because there was the possibility that it would put his life in danger. So they didn't have either way than just to wait until Beomgyu could be back in the department.

"Since there is a password on the memory card, it means that there's something very important hidden inside", Solar said with a thoughtful face as she kept pacing around the living room which was helping her to think more sharply and clearly and her mind was making a bunch of theories about what could have happened to Lee Daejung or what information could be kept in the memory card they found in his pocket, however, none of her ideas seemed too convincing to say them out loud, so she just kept creating them in her mind, "And this proves that the man is really murdered by a human, but how?", she asked as she let out a heavy groan and lazily flopped on the chair with a loud thump.

"We'll know everything after we open the card", Teahyun said in hope as he pressed his palms against each other and brought his fingers to his mouth, "I hope it will help us solve the case"

Solar and Taehyun fell into silence and the male's thoughts drifted to his brother this time when he looked down at his watch. It had been minutes since he called him, but Soobin still hadn't arrived which was making him worried, because his younger brother never acted like that. He would always be at home on time or inform his older brother if he was going to arrive late since he knew Taehyun would be worried otherwise, but now there wasn't even a single call from him and he wasn't answering Taehyun's calls or messages either.

The red-haired male was sunk in his thoughts and his foot was tapping the floor anxiously when Solar's phone suddenly rang and the sound pierced through the atmosphere. The detective pulled out her phone curiously and answered the call, holding the device to her ear afterwards while Taehyun watched her with curious eyes.

"Woojin?"

"Where the hell are you two?", the male asked from the other line, causing the woman to furrow her eyebrows.

"Why, what happened?"

"The National Hospital of Seoul was blasted by an explosion. You and Taehyun need to come to the department right now. It's very important"

"Explosion?", Solar yelled as she leapt up from her seat, making the male in the room frown intensely, "... Okay, we're coming"

Solar swiftly ended the call and started to put on her jacket immediately while Taehyun watched her in utter confusion, "What's the matter?", he asked curiously as he lazily got on his feet too.

"Woojin said that the National Hospital of Seoul was blasted. They are calling everyone to the departament. Hurry up", Solar noticed how Taehyun's face went pale in a split second, his expression suddenly freezing as a big fear imprinted on his face, "Taehyun?"

"Soobin", Taehyun uttered in terror and fixed his wide and horrified eyes on the woman, causing puzzlement to rise in her.

"What's wrong with him?", Solar asked curiously, but instead of providing answer to her, Taehyun briskly stormed outside and Solar ran behind after him, watching as the boy briskly locked the door before dashing to his car with shaky knees and loud beating heart, "Taehyun!"