Part 2: chapter 52

Busan, South Korea

A ringing sound grabbed everyone's attention in the living room. Taehyun immediately grasped his phone, satisfaction flowing through him when he read Solar's name on the caller ID.

"Did you find anything?", he asked immediately with a hopeful face, leaping up from his place to walk while the others looked at him with nervous and anticipated eyes.

"Taehyun", her voice sounded troubled and sad, "I-I found something, but.. why didn't you tell me anything about it? I may have managed to help you"

Taehyun ran his palm over his face and sighed in frustration, flopping on the couch heavily, "It's a long story. Are the recordings with you now?"

"They were transferred on a CD. It had Beomgyu's name on it"

Taehyun felt his blood boiling at that. He couldn't help, but let rage consume him at the thought of Sungjin keeping those awful scenes on a CD as if his and Beomgyu's suffering was a movie to watch. How could he be so heartless and sadistic?

"Send them to me", he said in a cold voice as he tried to control his anger. The others could feel resentment oozing out of him which made them concerned.

"Are you sure you want to see them?"

"Yes", Taehyun replied briefly, his eyes sharp and piercing.

"Okay. I've also made some research about the man you told me about. His full name is Gwan Moonsoo. He looks identical to Na Jaemin. Some people have asked questions about how he was related to Jaemin, but Moonsoo refused blood relations with Jaemin and announced that he didn't even know the male. He owns a big organisation in Busan. He has the best programmers in the company who provide their clients with high-quality services. You can find programmers with different specialisations in there"

Taehyun let the information sink in, then nodded his head in contentment, "Alright. Send me the details later. And...thanks for your help"

"Don't mention it", Solar said, "I'll visit the Prime Minister tomorrow after work and contact you after that. Please, take care and be careful, okay?"

"Okay", Taehyun said as he nodded, then declined the call, getting on his feet.

"Where are you going?", Yeonjun asked immediately, standing up as well, however, Taehyun didn't even spare a glance at him as he rushed to the room he and Yeonjun were staying in.

"I want to be alone", he said blankly and entered the room, locking himself inside to prepare himself mentally for whatever he was going to see in a few minutes.

Seoul, South Korea

22 July, 2020
The present

"How do you know him?", Wheein asked as she walked beside Solar after getting off the car, both heading to the gate which was blocking the way to the yard.

"He was my colleague before you", Solar asked, satisfying the younger's curiosity.

Wheein hummed in response, her face thoughtful, "Why was that man making him and that boy suffer? Or why does the police know nothing about it?"

Solar sighed in frustration, stopping to turn to the girl, "It's complicated. Please, if you want to accompany me stop asking so many questions, okay?"

It was a miracle that Solar and Wheein only saw a few minutes of that fragment from the recordings, where Beomgyu and Taehyun were locked in separate rooms, otherwise, Wheein could find out about the existence of supernatural creatures and about the fact that Beomgyu had brought Taehyun back to life. Luckily, Solar decided to turn off the recording soon, thinking she wasn't supposed to be the one seeing it even though whatever was happening in the recording was against the laws. She was supposed to start investigating the case, but she wasn't obviously going to do anything without Taehyun's consent, of course.