Part 2: chapter 23

08:00 am

A bright blue colour of the sky was covered with heaps of grey clouds, hovering above the earth like a furious beast. It wasn't raining, but the growls of the sky were still audible throughout the atmosphere every now and then. The sun was hidden behind the grey cotton balls, barely managing to shoot its rays to the ground. A few of them were even peeking through the window frame into the abandoned building where two bodies were laying on the floor. The only difference between them was that one of them had a small pond of blood under his head while another one looked like he was in a slumber.

The gloomy daylight managed to wake him up though. His facial muscles twisted as he shuffled on his spot a bit, his heavy eyes slowly fluttering open.

His vision was blurry. He only managed to make out the grey dirty colour of the ceiling until his vision didn't start to clear up slowly.

He rubbed his eyes and opened his eyes again, his eyebrows furrowing when he saw himself in the familiar environment. It was the place he took the Prime Minister after he caught him.

It took him a few seconds to remember everything that happened before he lost consciousness, his heart suddenly racing as he sat up on the floor in an alarmed manner.

His blood froze when he saw that he was holding a gun with his second hand which started trembling almost immediately, dropping the weapon on the floor in panic.

His eyes landed on the dead body beside him, his heart clenching and skipping long beats as tears started to form in his eyes.

This can't be happening. This can't be happening.

Beomgyu couldn't even manage to touch Jaemin's body or get any closer to him. He just breathed heavily and rapidly through his mouth as he leapt up from the floor and placed his arm against his nose, his chest extracting and contracting in a panicked manner as tears trickled down his cheeks.

"I love you"

"Oh, my God", he murmured in a cracked voice at Jaemin's voice in his head, his eyes moving off his body to look for an escape, but seemed like it was too late since the police sirens started to blare across the atmosphere at that moment, making the boy even more terrified when he realised that he was trapped.

He rushed to the main door and secretly looked out of the window beside it while trying to remain unnoticed. However, seemed like it didn't even matter since there was his car parked in front of the building and the police cars were already close.

Beomgyu ran back to Jaemin's body, a big lump forming in his throat at the heartbreaking sight. First Yun and now Doyun. They were taking everyone he loved from him and what was worst was the fact that it seemed like he was going to be the one blamed for Jaemin's death.

"I'm sorry", he said in a wobbly voice even though Jaemin wasn't able to hear him, "I'm so sorry"

Beomgyu looked around, scanning his surroundings to search for a way out other than the main door, his eyes catching the sight of the broken window. His heart leapt in hope, his feet dragging him towards the window frame, however, before he could even get close to it, the door of the building got pushed open and a few policemen invaded it with their guns pointed at the only possible criminal on the crime scene.

"Stop right where you are and raise up your hands", one of them called out while taking a few steps towards the boy who was frozen in his place, his back still pacing the cops as he was too paralyzed to even move.

"I said hands up!", the same cop repeated and Beomgyu had no other way than just to raise up his shaky hands in surrender slowly, tears shining in his silver eyes.