chapter thirty six - alienated

I walk towards my room and Jack disappears into Sammy's.

Our time together never seems to last more than an hour.

As I reach into my pocket for the key I realise I'm still wearing Jack's sweatshirt. I also realise that, coming from inside the room, are two searing voice.

"What the hell?" I mumble as I swipe my key across the panel.

"I DESERVED BETTER CARTER"

"YOU DON'T DESERVE DOG SHIT"

I walk towards the boys' bedroom as the screaming becomes more clear.

The door is slightly open and the suit is empty aside from Carter and Madison in the room alone.

"Fuck you" she yells slightly quieter.

"I'm sure you'd like that, you whore"

"Shut your fucking mouth"

They are both cussing and yelling and had no clue what to do.

I decide that the right thing to do is to help Madison, seeing that the rule is chicks before dicks and from what Madison has told me, the whole thing between them is mostly Carter's fault.

"I wish I never fucking met you" Carter yells.

"Oh please, if you hadn't met me you'd be the exact same self-centred, deceitful person that you are now, but if I hadn't met you then I'd be a hell of a lot happier"

"You fucking bitch, you wouldn't even be famous without me"

Madison lets out a massive laugh, it sounds real and as I look over at Carter he seems as though his head is about to explode.

"Actually, sweetheart, I wouldn't be famous without Justin, you didn't do shit and I really hope you haven't lead yourself to believe that because if you have then that's honestly so pathetic"

As in Bieber? Wait.. she sings?

Wait a second Justin Beieber. Maybe I should start being nicer to her.

"I'm not your honey you fucking bitch"

I decide to finally say something, I push open the door and stop things before it's too late.

Both of them look directly at me.

"Get out" I say calmly to Carter.

"This is my room" he growls.

"Get the hell out" I say slowly.

He looks at Madison and then me.

"Fine, but not for her" he marches out the room and slams the door behind him.

Madison looks at the floor and an awkward silence surrounds us.

"God you must think I pick fights with everyone" she laughs and wipes away the tears which are beginning to roll down her face.

"Don't cry" I mumble and walk over to her.

She sits in the edge of the bed and puts her head in her hands.

"I'm so freaking sorry" she sobs.

"Can I tell you what happened?" she sobs and dries up her tears.

"Please"

She turns to face me.

"Basically, a while before school ended I was attending this thing and at the after party me and Gilinsky kinda hooked up" she looks at me.