chapter one - are you excited?

The warm summer breeze hits my skin as I step out of my Mom's ford focus, my long unruly brown hair pulled into a failed attempt of a bun which sits on the top of my head. My light brown eyes hidden behind my old sunglasses perfectly compliment my old sweatpants and hoodie.

I guess you could say I'm not the most stylish traveller.

Allow me to explain.

My name is Sarah Jane Russett. Younger cousin of Andrea Russett, who I'm sure you all recognise as the famous Youtuber.

You're probably thinking that I live some really glamorous life on account of Andrea, but I've never really been all that involved in her 'social media' life, but I guess that would all change this summer.

Andrea is taking me along with her to a Youtube convention called YouCon because this would be our last summer together before she goes off to college.

"I'll miss you two, call me if you need anything. I mean it, okay?" My petit mom says, hugging Andrea.

"Yes Auntie Nina, don't worry, she's in good hands" Andrea teases, winking at me.

"It's not Sarah I'm worried about, she can be quite a handful" she laughs, hugging me.

"Ouch Mom." I mumble, hardly returning the hug.

"Hm, and try to keep that attitude of yours in check my dear." She whispers to me.

I roll my eyes and drag my suitcase out of the trunk.

I've always had a bit of an attitude, I cant help it. Luckily, anger management sessions from the ages of 6-8 have allowed me to control it. My mom says it's a defence mechanism because I 'bottle up my emotions' but I guess that's just the therapist in her.

Anyways, we check in our bags and are given our boarding passes so we find a coffee shop for our remaining hour of waiting.

I've never liked coffee and I've never been able to wrap my head around the fact that lots of people find it appealing.

We sit down with our drinks and, before I could get a sip of my tea, Andrea begins the interrogation.

"So are you not in the least bit excited for the tour? I'm sure we can find you a hot boy" she smirks.

I roll my eyes at her, "Well in that case, I'm thrilled" I say, acting like a 'hot boy' changes anything. Back home I had recently broken up a year long relationship with my ex, Josh.

"You still haven't told me who's going" I add.

She sighs before reaching into her brown leather purse and grabbing a crumpled flyer.

She hands it to me and I see a list of names and I skim over the piece of paper.

Cameron Dallas, Nash Grier, Carter Reynolds, Jack&Jack, Shawn Mendes, Hayes Grier, Taylor Caniff, Sammy Wilkinson, Madison Beer, Andrea Russet, Mahogany LOX, Trevor Moran & Sarah Jane Russet

"Why is my middle name on here, and why don't I know anyone" I mumble.

"Your middle name is on there because that's the only way people have the slightest chance of recognising you" Andrea laughs.

Most people think my first and second names are hyphenated because my Youtube channel features my middle name (the alternatives were taken). Before you say anything, no I am not nearly as well known as Andrea and seeing as I haven't uploaded a video in half a year, I don't think I ever will be.

"Okay, I know Trevor because he's been my close friend for three years and I've heard a couple of Shawn's covers" I get back on topic.

"The good thing about internet boys is that they're hot" I laugh and Andrea rolls her eyes.

"What? Oh come on, you think girls watch 'grind on me' videos because they like the music?"

"Well thank god you ended things with Josh" she wiggles her brows.

I nod, ignoring her clear and unsubtle hint.

Twenty minutes later our flight is called for LAX.

***

author's note:

Hey its me from the future

Yeah I just edited this chapter

Enjoy my lovelies