chapter fifty one - stay

I find my way back to the bus to find everyone gone except for Cameron and Johnson who are playing cards in the kitchen.

I avoid them, as I find myself not in the mood to talk, and head upstairs.

I change in to sweatpants before putting in headphones and letting my itunes shuffle relieve some of my acumulated stress.

A couple hours pass by, the evening sky begings to dim. I am extreamly content with staring at the ceiling and keeping to myself when I begin to fall asleep.

My phone had died so I am able to hear the door flying open, around an hour later.

I see Sammy and Nash walk in carrying Jack between them.

He is slumped over and his eyes are tired with grey bags cirling them.

"We left him one for a second and he calls and uber to rush off to the nearest bar" Nash says frantically.

When did my life become this repetitive. I told Jack he was becoming a cliché and I meant it. He has created a stereotype for himself and I find it hard to give him sympathy.

Yet of course, I do.

Sammy throws him on to the matress showing little compassion.

I press my forehand against his cheek as he lies motionless.

"So even after all the shit he's put you through you still help him?" Sammy laughs, a menacing laugh.

"What, you brought him up here so I could look at him?"

"I'm over it" he sighs and walks out.

"He has a point" Nash adds quietly.

"I can take it from here" I say in response and Nash nods before leaving.

"Jack" I whisper as I lightly shake him to try and snap him out of his trance.

"Everyone needs to chill I'm fine" He moans and attempts to get up, failing miserably.

"Jack just sit down"

"Take a chill pill man" Jack groans, rubbing his head and lying on his back.

"If you're so capable of taking care of yourself then, by all means, leave" I spit.

"But you're the only one I want to take care of me" he mumbles.

My stomach flips and I find myself pittying him once again.

He pulls me on top of him so my head is resting on his chest. I can hear his heart beating extreamly fast as his chest rises and falls.

"Jack, this is unhealthy. It can't work" I sigh.

"Have you even given it any consideration" he mumbles, his words not sounding complete.

"Of course I have, but at every oppertunity I get to see what it would be like - you knock everything over again" I sigh.

"It's not just me - you're no easier to handle" Jack fires back.

"Look if you have something to say then say it or get out. Or better yet, I'll leave" I say sitting up.

"Just fucking stay Sarah, stop being difficult" he sits up.

"Say it" I push.

"You know what fine. You're annoying, your attitude sucks ass, I can't stand being around you, you aggravate me on the daily and make me want to jump off a fucking cliff" he says all in one go.

I nod my head and fake a smile before attempting to get up but he grabs my hand one last time, "but at the same time I can't stand being away from you. Your smile is like a fucking work of art and you always know the right shit to say, also you listen, you listen to me when nobody else fucking does, you're beautiful and you don't even fucking see it so if you leave me I wont know what to do with myself so please just fucking stay"

To my surprise he continues, "I got worked up the other night because I have no clue how to be in a relationship or how to maintain one. When I said you scared the shit out of me I meant it. I'm scared to not be enough for you, I'm scared to see you with anyone else but most of all I'm scared to lose you. I know I will never be enough for you and that makes me so fucking mad because I wish I was. You need someone stable and supportive who will always be there. I'm scared I won't be that person"

His words make something twitch in my chest but I push through it because I know I need to say my part.

"You can't expect me to feed in to your bullshit again. Who knows what may happen. I could end up in hospital.. oh wait that already happened" I yell.

"You can't pick me up when you're drunk or you feel like it and then drop me-"

And in that moment everything is right.

Jack quickly moves towards me and in one swift motion, presses his soft lips to mine without any hesitation. The wind seems to be knocked out of me and whatever was previously being said didn't matter anymore. My eyes flutter closed and it takes me a few moments to realise what is happening before I deepen the kiss by taking hold of his curls in my small fists. He leans up from his elbows so his hands can trail up and down my sides in a slow manner. His lips are laced with the strong musk of alcohol which adds to the fireworks in the pit of my stomach.

He pulls away for a split second before cupping my face with his large hands and tracing kisses along my jaw and down my neck causing me to unwind as I tip my head back.

The feeling is euphoric and almost farmiliar - as if I had been craving it for so long it seemed to have ready happened.

His lips reconnect with mine as we find a rhythm and seem to get lost in it.

I pull away after what seems like hours and my eyes open slowly.

"I would never drop you"