chapter thirty three - samalam

"She's a bitch" Sammy laughs and rolls his head back in laughter.

"Sh, she'll hear you" I laugh.

He shrugs, "let her hear me"

I shake my head and continue laughing.

Sammy and I are sitting in the corridoor with our backs against two apposing walls and our feet almost touching.

"So you don't have any feelings for Jack?" he asks once our laughter dies out.

"Well, um, I don't really know, I don't think so" I shrug.

He nods, "Well, Madison's approach may have been a bit" he pauses, "forward"

I laugh and he joins me, small smile lines appearing on his face.

"But, she does have a point"

I groan, "not you too"

"Sarah, he has a reputation"

I take a deep breath, "thank you"

He looks at me for a couple seconds, "I appreciate it" I add.

He nods.

"Speaking of Gilinsky" he glances down to his phone, "I'm not too sure where he is"

Sammy gets lost on his phone for a few minutes and I watch him intently.

Is he worried?

Should I be worried?

What the hell Sarah, of course not.

"Oh" Sammy says.

"Oh?"

He turns his phone to me and I crawl towards him.

He scrolls through his contacts on snap chat before reaching jackgilinsky he holds his finger over the profile and suddenly loud music comes blaring through the speakers of his phone.

Jack is standing in a room with multicoulered lights flashing everywhere and around three girls attatched to his arm, wearing far too little clothing and red solo cups in each of their skanky little hands.

A weird feeling arises in the pit of my stomach and I instantly feel terrible for yelling at Madison.

In the top left courner of the screen I see a boy in a snapback making out with a pale blonde girl.

"It's Carter" Sammy says before locking his phone.

"Oh, they're probably drunk" I shrug, checking the time in my phone and realising that it's already 10pm - trying to act cool.

"Nah" Sammy says.

"Gilinsky doesn't drink"

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Okay well before that one night, when he hit Johnson, he hadn't drank in ages, not since.. um - stuff"

I wait a few seconds, "I'm going to apologise to Madison" I say before getting up and stretching my back.

Sammy nods and returns to his phone.

"Thanks for everything Sam-A-Lam"

He looks up, "please tell me you did not just call me Sam-A-Lam"

I smile and unlock the door.

"Madison" I yell.

"What" I hear from the bedroom.

I walk into the room and she holds a hand to her hip, "if you've come back to insult me again then-"

I run up to her and engulf her in a massive hug.