chapter nineteen - nose bleed

I take Johnson out of the room and walk past the others in the den.

Various voices are heard saying the fuck? and what happened? but I ignore them seeing as Johnson is basically drowning in his own blood.

He holds his nose as I help him up the stairs.

His eyes are glistening with tears that he is fighting to hold back as I lead him through to our white bathroom.

I have a feeling that it won't be so white when we're done.

"Y-you okay?" I stutter.

Johnson smiles and nods, he looks embarrassed.

"I can't beleive him" I say queitly.

"You've known him for two seconds, you don't know the half of it."

I smile understandingly and run a wash cloth under the warm tap to mend his wound.

"He has his reasons though.." His voice trailes off.

"I know" I mumble.

"No you serious don-"

"I know, the boys told me"

"Oh"

There is an awkward silence.

"If he finds out you know he'll-"

"He wont, don't worry" I flash him a sympathetic smile.

I wipe the blood away from his cheeks and under his chin plus a few other random places like his eyebrows with the rag.

I have to move on to the nose area which I think he understands as he tiltes his head back to reveal two very bloody nostrils, good thing blood doesn't make me squeamish.

Johnson winces as I slowly and carefully wipe the blood from his nose.

"If you want, you can just rinse it off in the sink"

Johnson thankfully nods and moves from his place on the closed toilet seat to the sink.

"How'd you know what to do?"

"What?" I ask.

"With the nose bleed"

"Oh, my step brother was captain of the football team so this used to happen alot, you kinda pick up a thing or two" I reply.

He nods and washes off the remainder of the blood.

He reaches out for a towel to dry off his nose, the towel was thankfully black.

When he moves the towel away from his face I almost let out a gasp.

His nose has turned a purple colour and the corner of his eye was black. Gilinsky must've hit him on the side of the nose.

He laughs "is it that bad?"

"No" I lie.

He turns to the mirror and chuckles, "That's Jack for you".

"Come here"

He sits back on the closed toilet seat and questioningly lowers his eyebrows.

I place my index finger on the bridge of his nose and apply a tiny amount of pressure.

Jack winces from the contact and pulled back.

"It's not broken" I tell.

"Oh"

"It bruised quickly and you can still feel the pain, so it's just a really bad bruise. It'll hurt for a couple days, maybe weeks"

"Thank you, Nurse Sarah" He chuckles.

A large grin spreads across my face, "Anytime."