chapter thirty one - microphone

When we reach the entertainment center for the event, the air is filled with groans, headaches and the lingering scent of hangover.

"What time did you guys get to sleep last night, you all look exhausted" Ken questions.

Everyone laughs awkwardly and we receive a questioning look before he walks off to answer a phone call.

"Suck it up pussies" Sammy snaps.

"My head hurts" Shawn moans.

"You were hardly even drunk dude"

"Can we all just give it a rest and try to act normal for the show please?" Andrea interrupts.

We all nod and are given a five minute warning before we have to go out on stage, seeing as this would be a performance and not a meet and greet.

Suddenly, the muffled screams from outside the large ballroom doors become clearer and louder untill I can hardly hear myself think.

I honestly have no clue what I will be doing in this show and I'm hoping nobody else did either.

We were told to take our places backstage.

Ken appears and walks out on stage, receiving a loud cheer from the girls.

He gives the normal introduction speech and concludes it before we all go running on stage without any further introductions or roll calls.

I notice the crowd is probably the biggest we've ever had and the girls are going completely mental, holding signs with all sorts of things written on them.

"Ayy you crazy kids" Cameron yells into his microphone.

"Ooh we've got a special show for you today" Sammy rubs his hands together.

"Where my Omaha girls at?" Gilinsky joins in, and a massive wave of screams invade the hall.

Johnson, Sammy and Jack take their places on stage and the rest of us sort of just stand to the side.

I notice Nash and Cameron taking pictures with some girls in the front row and decide to stand with Trevor, Andrea and Madison.

I recognise the intro of the song from this morning when I walked in on the boys rehearsing but something was different this time.

I realise what it was when Jack holds a microphone to his mouth

is it bad that I never made love, no i never did it

but I sure know how to fuck

i'll be a bad boy, i'll prove it to ya

i can't promise that I'll be good to ya

His voice is raspy and beautiful.

Who knew that someone like him could have any form of talent whatsoever.

Great, let's just add that to the long list of things that Jack does and I just can't help but be attracted to.

Suddenly a hand grabs my wrist and I'm being spun around to have my face thrown inches from Jack's.

He holds a hand to my cheek and caresses my face while singing the lyrics of the seductive song into his microphone.

Images flash through my head of last night as the distance between our faces decreases once again.

The only thing between our lips is Jack's microphone and the crowd is on fire, I see flashes from pictures being taken in the corner of my eye and realise I look like and idiot standing here with my hands by my side.

I raise my hands and run them up Jack's chest until I reach his shoulders and rest my arms on top for a few seconds before I shove him away and laugh at his shocked expression.

He continues the song with military grade eye contact.

yeah i'll be good in bed

but i'll be bad to you