chapter twenty seven - olives&anchovies

"I can't believe that it's your first night out and I'm not even coming" I hit Trevor as he gets in the car with the others.

"Don't worry, I'm going as the sober buddy, I'm not going near anything alcoholic"

"Love you, stay safe" I say as he rolls his window up and winks at me.

Their car drives off and Gilinsky steps forward as a smaller car pulls up for us.

"Shall we" he smirks, his eyes flickering with an undetectable emotion.

He put's his hand out for me to take and before I have the chance to accept, Hayes comes between us, "we shall" he laughs and pulls us in the car.

---

"Come on, don't be a pussy" Jack pushes Hayes towards the table.

"I don't even know her! Besides she's with her friends and what if she has a boyfrie-"

"Just shut up and go do it"

Hayes huffs and looks to me to say something but I keep my mouth shut.

"I hate you both" he growls.

"See you in a couple hours" Gilinsky coos and Hayes approaches the table.

"I hope he's okay, maybe we should stay just in case she says no"

"Nah, he'll be fine, look at him he's irresistible" Gilinsky laughs.

I roll my eyes as we leave the food court, "where are we going?" I ask.

"You're so annoying" he laughs once again and I hit him.

"We're almost there" he says, guiding me through the crowded mall.

"Here we are" he stops outside of pizza express and my face lights up.

"I love pizza" I gush as we head towards the entrance.

"I had a feeling"

Within five minutes we are seated at a table for two near the open kitchen and I watch as the cooks skilfully flip the white dough in circles.

"I could do better" he notices my fascination.

I raise an eyebrow at his cockiness, "okay sure"

"I am part Italian you know?"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Tell you what, I'll make you a pizza some time and I promise it'll be the best thing you ever put in your mouth" he smirks, "well, second best"

It takes me a while but I catch on to his rude humour and slap him from across the table "I will hold you to that promise"

My eyes widen when I realise that my reply only plays into his sick game so I rephrase my words, "about the pizza, you sicko"

"Deal" he smiles.

"So, since we're starting over, tell me about yourself Miss Russet" he says after a waitress takes our drink orders.

"What do you want to know?"

He leans back in his chair and smirks at me.

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen"

He nods, "junior huh?"

I laugh and return the question, "eighteen" he tells me.

"Hm" I nod.

"So you've graduated?" I ask.

"Yup"