chapter fourty nine - im coming

The light seeps through my eyelids and I reluctantly open them.

I check the time on my phone and see that it's 11am, pretty late for me as I'm usually incapable of sleeping in - even on weekends.

I come to the conclusion that we're not doing anything important today since nobody's been to wake me up. It seems odd how we haven't done a show in so long. I know we're on a break and all but how long is a break supposed to last? Surely not a week.

I realise I'm still wearing Jack's cardigan and resist the urge to gag.

I roll off the mattress and shuffle out of it, tossing it near the door.

I don't remember falling asleep last night but all of the anger must have knocked me out fairly well.

You really have to be a rare breed of fuckboy to slut shame a girl and call her a prude all in one argument.

It was probably stupid of me to waste so much energy on him anyways.

Whatever, I'm hungry.

My subconscious kicks in as usual, blocking out any form of emotion that consumes my mind for more than two minutes.

I've always had a problem with thinking about things for too long.

I guess I'm just too scared that if I devout too much time to them, the variables will become reality.

Honestly I could enter a talent contest and confidently tell the judges that my talent is convincing myself that my problems aren't serious or important, in spite of whether they actually are or not.

I sit back on my mattress and decide against grabbing my headphones.

Instead I connect my phone to Mahogany's speakers and blast the Janoskians on full volume.

What? Everyone's awake anyways.

I sing out the lyrics word for word, like the true fan that I am.

"I got a question tell me why, you always fall for the bad guy" I belt out my favourite line from my favourite song.

I have to say, I am a Jai girl but Beau's voice really messes with me.

Considering I'm alone in the room and really don't feel like socialising - I start absentmindedly cleaning the room.

Well, my things at least.

"I used to treat you like a queen, it never worked out right for me" I continue singing whilst picking up various clothes and tossing them in the hamper, which seems pretty pointless seeing as there isn't even a washing machine on the bus and I doubt anyone knows how to wash clothes.

I continue dancing and jumping around the room like a maniac during the chorus and I suddenly hear the door creak open.

Sammy and Nash both have their phones pointed at me and they're holding back their laughter - staring at the screens.

Instead of acting all embarrassed, I embrace it and continue jumping around and throwing my hands in the air.

"Would you tell me that you love me, if I wasn't such a jerk I DON'T THINK SO" I yell and they cover their ears.

I laugh and turn down the volume.

"Jesus, is that loud enough?" Sammy laughs.

"Shut up" I pretend to look serious.

"When you tell me baby listen, I've got something that I need to say all I hear is"

"Hey James, we've got your biggest fan right here" Nash says all of a sudden, facing the camera towards me.