chapter thirty four - let me take you somewhere

"What do you want" I snap.

He raises his hands and comes into the room.

"Damn, chill I'm not Madison" he laughs.

"Shut up" I roll my eyes.

"What did I do?" he asks and I almost lead myself to believe he's being sincere.

I shurg and he looks at me for a couple of seconds before he slouches and shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Why did you lie to Ken for me?"

How long has he been here for?

"Sorry for being nice" I mumble and look to the floor.

"You didn't have to" he says, not in the kind way like you would say to someone who buys you a chirstmas present, he says it in a cold, mean way.

"So I guess we're back to square one then?" I sigh.

"What?"

"Nothing"

"Whatever" he shrugs and walks out.

I grab bunches of my hair in my tighly clenched fists and sign before flopping backwards on to my bed.

It's like everyone is out to get me today and I have no clue why but I have no intentions of finding out.

I get a text from Andrea which I ignore before throwing on flannel pijama pants and a baggy white v-neck tshirt.

I walk over to the vanity and pick up my glasses, I put them on and throw my long knotted hair into a messy bun, convincing myself I'd wash my hair later but knowing that probably won't happen until tomorrow morning.

I get another text, this time from Trevor and then another from Hayes.

I walk over to my charger and try to feel bad as I plug my phone in however I know deep inside that I don't feel a shred of guilt for not replying becacuse of my pure lazyness and inability to socialise.

I poke my head out of the bedroom door to ensure that nobody's around.

The room seems empty however I still tip toe through the living room to the boys' room just to make sure.

I peer through the slightly open door and see, besides piles of clothes and other belongings thrown everywhere, that the room is empty.

I slump onto the couch and retrieve the remote before searching through an endless series of channels and finally settling on Castle.

My eyes are focused on Castle and Beckett but my mind is in a completely different place.

I feel horrible for the whole Madison situation, and even more so knowing that everything she had said is true.

I was stupid for thinking, even for a second, that there was anything between Jack and I however I tried not to focus all my attention on him when, clearly, none of his was on me.

I switch my attention back to the tv and become immersed in the crime solving drama.

I end up watching three episodes; screaming at the tv throughout, seeing as I had already seen them all.

"It's obviously her side bitches that did it! Not the stupid art kid" I yell to the screen as I hear a faint laugh in the background.

I turn my head to see Jack smirking whilst leaning on the kitcken counter.

"Oh, don't mind me" he laughs.

"Shut up" I sneer.

"What's up with you?"

I don't know, you took me out on a date and I thought it meant more than you did and now I'm confused as hell and sligthly hungry, what's up with you?

"Nothing"

"Let me take you somewhere" he blurts.

"Um"

"I mean, not like a date, like.. let me take you somewhere"

What?

"I'm fine"

"No, you're bored, let me take you somewhere"

I try not to over think it and since I have nothing better to do, I shurg my shoulders and get up from the couch.

He smiles triumphantly and I glare at him before sliding into the hotel slippers and following him out the door.

"Where are we going?" I huff.

"You're so annoying, just keep up" he laughs.

I roll my eyes and follow him to the elevatory before pressing the button.

"Ah ah ah, not so fast" he points to the stairs.

I narrow my eyes and mentally prepare myself for the stairs that I honestly can't be bothered to climb.

He opens the door to the stairwell "after you"

I walk through the door to the stairwell and he leads me all the way up to a floor with big letters on the wall saying 'roof'

"You took me to the roof?"

"There's that attitude again, you know, you're really ungrateful"

"And what would you say there is to be grateful for"

He smirks, "I don't know, being up here, alone, with me" he winks and pushes the door open.

Before I can roll my eyes, I walk up a step and immediately become hypnotized my the beautiful starry sky and the full moon shinning brightly, reflecting the perfect amount of light onto the roof.

"Wow" I breathe.

"I know I am" he chuckles before walking to the edge of the roof, laying down and patting the space next to him.