chapter fourty five - vodka cherry

Mahogany generously tips the driver and he drops us off outside a busy club.

The music is blaring through the heavily guarded doors and the ground is basically shaking beneath our feet.

As we walk towards the door I notice the never ending queue going off to the side.

"And how do you expect us to get in?" I question.

"My brother has connections" Mahogany winks.

We walk towards a rather scary looking man dressed in all black.

"Name" me mumbles.

"Lox" Mahogany states confidently.

The guard looks to another man who nods his head and lets us walk in.

We recieve one too many glares from the people still waiting in line and I'm left confused as to how they let us in as we look obviously under-aged.

"Your brother hasn't been in for a while, Miss Gordy"

"Yeah, you know him, always busy" she smiles and walks with the man as Andrea and I awkwardly follow behind them.

"Are there any rooms free" Mahogany asks as the man takes us through a dark hallway.

"I'm sure we can find you one"

The man leads us to a curtain and the music begins to get louder.

"Here we are" the man says and swings open the curtain, revealing a curtained sitting area with pillows and mats on the floor.

"Thank you" she smiles and the man leaves.

"Connections" she winks.

Jack Gilinsky: How's the movie?

I slide my phone in to my nude clutch and leave it on a table in the centre of the hut-like room.

A lady comes round and offers us drinks which we happily accept. We sip our unidentifiable drinks before Mahogany leads us through to the floor area of the night club.

As she opens a set of doors, the sound hits me like a brick wall.

The bass echoes in my lungs and Andrea's face lights up.

"That's what I'm talking about" I can only just make out the words on Mahogany's lips.

I can't help but laugh at their failed attempts of communication and realise that this was just what I need.

There is a DJ booth set up at the back of the room and a bar at the other end.

The dance floor is bustling with young bodies moving to the beat of the music and swaying against each other.

A familiar song comes on and I find myself being pulled towards the middle of the dance floor by Mahogany and Andrea.

We join the crowd and move to the upbeat song, I notice that Mahogany is actually an amazing dancer and I am reminded that Andrea sucks as she tries to keep up.

I probably look like such an idiot but I really couldn't care less, we are laughing at each other's dancing and pretending that we're a lot better than we are.

"Drinks?" Andrea asks, after a few songs.

We all nod eagarly and shuffle through the crowded dance floor.

"What about Mahogany?" I ask.

"She'll be fine"

I nod and we walk to the opposite end of the club where the music is still loud but we are able to hear each other.