chapter twenty three - hotel

We check into the Marriott Hotel at around ten o'clock and Gilinsky still hasn't come out of his little meeting with Ken.

We all take places on the couches in the lobby and wait for Ken to get us checked in.

A couple minutes later the swooshing sound of the glass doors sliding open is heard and Gilinsky walks towards us with his hands in his checkered pajama pants and a see through white shirt hanging from his tanned torso.

I allow myself to admit that he really knows how to dress down but deny him the satisfaction of my thoughts for longer than a minute.

The guys start clapping as Gilinsky takes a place next to me on the couch and a very unimpressed Ken follows behind him and checks us all in.

"I'm grounded" Gilinsky smirks.

"Aww" Nash hums in a patronising tone.

"Shut up, Ken said I have to have a sober buddy with me at all times so just wait till I pick you" Gilinsky laughs at Nash.

Nash's eyes widens and Gilinsky laughs.

"Nah I'm just kidding, I've already make my choice"

Our eyes meet and he is looking down at me, smirking of course.

"Me? Oh no hun, just because you screwed up your summer doesn't mean you need to screw up mine" I sass and look down at my phone which is almsot dead.

"Don't act like it would be a chore, I know you want to" he whispers in my ear.

I'm short for words so I decide not to use any and pretend like his words don't have an effect on me.

"Oh yeah? And how would you know that?" I raise an eyebrow and secure eye contact.

"I can see it in your eyes. The way they turn a shade darker when I annoy you. The way your cheeks blush and your stomach flutters" he rests a hand on the inner part of my thigh and my insides burn.

It feels like he's the only other person in the room, like time has stopped and we are by ourselves.

I snap out of my trance when I feel me cheeks burning and cut our eye contact hoping he won't notice my ripened face.

"I noticed" he answers my thoughts as if he were inside my head.

Sometimes I feel as if he is inside my head, manipulating me from the inside out. Maybe that's how he manages to torture me so badly. Maybe that's how even the harshest words send shivers down my spine.

I'm sure what it is or if I like it but it's definately there.

"Okay kids I have some odd room pairings so bare with me" Ken mumbles as he walks towards us and everyone sits up to listen to him.

Gilinsky removes his hand and I'm unsure whether it's to listen to Ken or because he doesn't want anyone to notice.

Whatever the reason he leaves my leg feeling cold and I ache for him to replace his hand.

I snap out of it to listen to Ken.

"So, you'll be glad to know that since we will be doing two shows here, one performance and one meet up, I have booked you all in penthouses"

Everyone cheers and various noises are made.

"Now, usually I would have the same gender sharing rooms but seeing as these rooms are massive we have two bedrooms seperated with a living room. Seeing as we booked the rooms extremely late they didn't have time to make sure that the four girls would be sharing the suit. So, girls you will be piaired with another girl but you will be sharing the actual room with three boys, not all of you though seeing as the ratio is uneven-"

"Ken just tell us who's sharing with who" Gilinsky laughs.

"Shut up you" Ken barks.

Gilinsky raises his hands in defence and Ken calls out the room orders.

"Okay, so we have. Johnson, Cam, Sammy, Nash sharing the room with two beds in each room and no girls, lucky you guys."

"Lucky?" Cameron moans.

"Alright Cam we all get that you're a sexually frustrated teenage boy that wants to share a room with the girls but each of these girls could do so much better than you and I can't change the rooms at this point so go get some sleep" Ken hands them all their keys and everyone laughes at Cam as he rolls his eyes and his bag over to the elevators with the others.

"Alright, next we have. Mahogany, Andrea, Shawn and Trevor"

The group seems happy enough and they garb their keys before heading to the elevators.

I look around and notice that the only ones left are Gilinsky, Madison, Hayes, Carter and I.

"You've got to be joking" Madison mumbles once it sunk in that she will be sharing a confined space with Carter for at least two nights.

"Right so you guys are sharing together, have fun, I'll be in room 906 if you need me"

Madison walks over to me and pulled me off my seat, "thank the lord I have you" she mutters in my ear and I laugh, picking up my key and following the boys to the elevator.

"Got my bestie by my side" Hayes pulls me, which probably isn't smart seeing as we are in an elevator and everyone almost falls over.

When we get to the eigth floor we hear Nash's hysterical laugh echo through the hall.

He runs to the elevator and pulls us out, "SAMMY THREW UP RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HALL" he continues laughing and we all burst into hysterics as we see the yellow stain in the middle of the massive hallway which is fancy to say the least,

"Well, that's one way to break in the new place" Madison laughs as she swipes her card and room 1001 opens.

"Holy shit" Carter mumbles stepping inside, leaving Nash laughing out in the hall with Sammy.

My eyes widen as I entered, there is a massive kitchen to our left with a marble finish and a large island. An especially large living room follows which accomodates a dining table, a tv and a very big couch. The whole room is designed to every detail with a modern finish. Two doors are attatched to either side of the living room and since the boys run into the one of the left, Madison and I shuffle into the one on the right which we are assuming had two beds in it.

"I honestly can't be bothered to look around" Madison says, flopping on to the bed in the room which is almost completely black.

"Yeah, we'll investigate tomorrow" I yawn, eyes growing heavy.

I've already brushed my teeth and my pajamas make it ten times more difficult to stay awake so I drop my bag on the floor next to the unoccupied bed and fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow.

My five minute slumber is rudely interrupted by someone jumping on me and yelling at the top of their lungs.

"Hayes go away, you guys can have sex tomorrow" Madison moans.

I burst out laughing and shove Hayes off the bed.

"I just wanted to say good night but fine moodypants" Hayes huffs and marches out the door.

"Night girlies" a tired raspy voice calls through the door.

"Go away Gilinsky" Madison mumbles, turning on her side.

"Someone's on their period"

"Fuck off"

He laugh, "night Sarah, miss you already" cringe.

"Get a room" Madison moans.

"Okay, night Jack" I laugh and he closes the door behind him.