chapter fifty two - about last night

The feeling of being woken up by the suns harsh rays seeping through the dimmed glass is now becoming farmiliar.

However, the feeling in the pit of my stomach is from farmiliar as I begin to recall last nights events.

A mixture of emotions flood through me as I emerge from my bed on the floor.

Despite all of my confusion, I feel at ease.

Peace of mind. That my constant fueding with Jack has finally come to an end, clearly.

On the other hand I feel guilty, I had been blocking out my feelings for so long and I ended up pushing everyone away.

I haven't spoken to Trevor or Hayes in days, my night out with Andrea and Mahogany was the first time we had done anything together in weeks. Also, I think it's pretty clear where I stand with Sammy, due to his outburst last night.

However, I refuse to beleive what Jack says about Sammy's feeling towards me. At this point I honestly feel as though Sammy is the only one I can go to if I need anything. Well I did. We get along really well and I would hate for something like Jack to get in the middle of that.

I guess I was so completely and utterly lost in my derranged feelings that I had shut everyone else out.

I decide that today, before speaking to anyone (especially Jack) I will fix things with Sammy.

I start my morning as usual - changing out of my pijamas into black spandex shorts and a large t-shirt that is baggy enough to cover my butt and reach my elbows. So, really, I change out of pijamas in to more piajamas. What can I say.

I wash my face and brush my teeth before putting on my glasses and putting my hair into a bun. As gross as it may sound, buns tend to look better when your hair is all tangly and disgusting.

I realise that Andrea and Mahogany had slept downstairs again which seems odd but I walk downstairs to investigate.

The bus seems more crowded than usual, probably because everyone is actually all here at the same time.

Everyone goes about their own business, my presence seeming fairly unnoticed. Not that it bothers me, nobody ever really pays much attention when I come down in the morning.

I walk in to the den to see Andrea and Mahogany on their make-shift beds that Jack and I had set up for them.

"Hey" I smile kindly.

"Morning" their eyes don't part with their phones.

"How come you guys slept down here last night" I say less cheerily.

They look at eachother and then back to their phones, "we were going to come but we saw Jack going up so" Mahogany starts.

"We decided against it" Andrea finishes.

"Oh"

"Well I didn't ask them to bring them to me so I-"

"Yeah it always happens that way. The girls never ask for Jack to come to them" Andrea interrupts me.

"What?" I ask.

She looks at me for a moment, pondering speech, but bites her tongue.

"Doesn't matter"