chapter eleven - brat

Fans, a lot of them.

Bob has to literally get off the bus and tell them to move so we don't run them over.

Some of them were holding signs, some of them were crying, some were screaming and some were doing all of the above.

I wonder how they handle it, it's one thing to have people apprecaite what you do and follow your journey. However, it's another to have every ounce of your privacy taken away and be contantly put under a glaring spotlight.

Andrea even got attacked at Taco Bell once. I filmed it.

"Decent turn out" Sammy mumbles as he walked into the den.

If this is decent then I don't want to be any part of an event with a big turnout.

"This is decent?"

Everyone laughs until they realise I was being serious, "yeah, we've been to some pretty crazy events, west coast events are usually the craziest."

I nod and continue to look out the window as Bob gets back on the bus as a wire fence gate is unlocked and we drive in whilst security holds back all the girls back.

An ear piercing whistle sounds through the bus and everyone shuffles through to the den where Ken is standing with his hands in his pockets.

What are we, soldiers?

"Okay guys listen up, I know you're all very familiar with how this whole thing goes so I'm going to say this at this event and this event only. Sarah excluded, you can come speak to me if you have any issues" Ken smiles warmly.

"I'd like to officially welcome you all to YOUCON 2015, hopefully the tour will go very smoothly without any bumps or bruises" He says.

"This event we are of course in Denver at the Denver Entertainment Center. This is a well known center so I want you all on your best behavior please."

The boys all smirk at each other, obviously signally that Ken was probably not going to get what he was asking for.

"This event will not be a meet and greet, just a performance. You can, however, pull people from the audience as you please, security will see who you pick and lead them to the stage. Please don't crowd surf or in any way try to get into the crowd because we all know what happened last time" He looks at Taylor.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time" Taylor rolls his eyes.

Everyone laughs and Ken continues, "there is a snack bar behind the stage, food in the kitchen on the bus and vending machines in the bus park so please don't order food as the delivery man would probably be attacked by the fans"

"Fans will be allowed in at quarter to two and you need to start at two o'clock. You need to start the show off by introducing everyone. Someone will need to specially introduce Sarah as I'm sure lot's of people will not know her." Andrea interrupts him.

"I will" she volunteers.

"So monkey business, swearing is fine, hell you can make out with the fans if you want but no vandalism or destruction of property.. Taylor" He raises an eye brow and Taylor just rolls his eyes again.

It's pretty awkward to be around all these established people who know what they're doing and are secure in themselves and their careers. Plus they all have jokes between themselves that I can't even pretend to understand.

"Okay well that's about it, I've got a dozen calls to make so good luck" He calls, walking back to the front of the bus.

"Let's do it" Nash yells and everyone follows him off the bus.

The back of the venue is quiet but you can still hear the muffled screams of the emotional girls, eagerly waiting at the front.

"Jesus do they ever shut up" I mumble and Hayes laughs, obviously I wasn't quiet enough.

"You're gonna have so much fun!" Hayes grins.

"Hope so" I chuckle.

We walk in through the back door and take seats on the leather couches behind the stage.

I'm really curious to see what the stage looks like and how big the hall is but I decide to just stick with the others.

Andrea, Mahogany and Madison stayed on the bus so I'm basically with Hayes and Trevor.

"Sarah" Hayes sings.

"That's what they call me"

"Make a snapchat with me?"

"Alright"

Hayes unlocks his phone before finding the yellow snapchat icon and opening the app.

The camera, facing towards him, catched him of guard and portrays a very unflattering likeness of Hayes b

I burst out laughing but he just rolls his eyes and starts recording.

He puts the camera on me before captioning it this friendship will take over the world.

"Sayes is love.. Sayes is life" Nash calls from the opposite couch.

Once it has posted, he locks his phone and slides it back into his pocket.

Sammy and Gilinsky are talking about something I can't quite hear but I see a hand gesturing towards me so I decide to move closer by getting up to get a drink from the table behind them.

"Do we wanna get them wasted.. Or drunk? Big difference." Sammy says and I roll my eyes, knowing exactly what they're talking about.

They continue talking when Ken walks through the back door.

"Dude, we can't have them throwing up all over the place. That's way too much booze and it would cost a fortune anyways" Sammy says, louder than before.

"Man chill, the guy owes me" Gilinsky says.

"Excuse me?" Ken says, with a loud but relatively calm voice.

"Busted" Carter sings.

"You are not bringing alcohol anywhere near that bus, hear me? I didn't want to have to do this but I'm going to have to have someone watch over you tonight." Ken yells and storms out.

"Well done dude" Nash laughs.

"Good one numskull" Gilinsky huffs.

"Shut up" Sammy mumbles.

"You" Gilinsky glares.

"You ratted us out"

Who does he think he is? He hardly knows me and definitely not well enough to accuse me of something I didn't do.

"Excuse me? I don't care about your little bus party" I begin.

"Dude it wasn't her chill" Hayes defends me.

"Oh shut up Hayes, you're too young for her" Gilinsky continues.

"Calm down, he hasn't done anything wrong and neither have I so go take your irrelevant arguement somewhere else. Just because your plans to get me wasted and do got knows what to me didn't work out does not mean that you should take it out on other people or that you would have even been successful in the first place" I retaliate.

Jack turns pale and I turn to see Johnson has gone the same shade, obviously unaware I had overheard their coversation. Andrea shoots me a glare telling me to shut up because she knows I could yell for days.

Jack glares at me once more then walks away.