chapter twenty four - shorts

"No fucking way!" Madison screeches, I giggle and grab her hand to keep her quiet and control her cussing.

We are sitting in Starbucks and I'm telling her all of the details from last night, remembering to include the moment with Gilinsky.. if you would even call it that.

"First of all, I didn't even think the phrase 'thank you' would ever fall out of that kid's mouth" she seems amazed, "and secondly, he asked you for a second chance?"

I giggle at her sense of shock and nod.

"Wow" she sighs and slouches back in her seat, seeing as she had been on the edge of it even since I started telling her about last night.

"Sorry for the wait ladies, you were kind of waiting outside for us to open" the male barista laughs.

"We couldn't sleep" Madison chuckles.

He sets our drinks down on the table and as I look up to thank him I find myself at a shortage of breath.

He's really hot.

I look down and realise I'd probably been staring for long enough now, "thank you"

"No problem" he lifts his tray and walks away, "you guys can be here early any day" he says charmingly and walks off.

"He is so hot" I sigh, taking a sip of my tea.

"He's alright" Madison says nonchalant as she scrolls through her phone.

"Madison" she looks up "are you okay with sharing the room with Carter?"

She clenched her jaw as his name was mentioned and then released it to answer.

"As long as we leave early in the mornings to get coffee and we don't spend too much time with him."

"We're staying here for like a week dude" I laugh.

"Shut up" she laughs, "it'll be fine."

I check my phone, it's almost eight o'clock.

"Let's go, we've been here for like two hours"

Madison nods and gets up, picking up her phone and wallet before walking out as I follow her.

I'm dressed in black spandex shorts and an oversized grey shirt that goes down to my elbows and just past my shorts. Madison is wearing yoga pants and a tank top.

"Meet and greet today" Madison says after a few moments of silence whilst we are walking back to the hotel in the warm morning breeze.

"Hmm, I'm kind of scared"

"Babe, don't worry, we can stick together. Trust me, half of the boys' fandom hates me so if anyone should be scared it's me"

"Why do they hate you?"

"Fake nudes, Fake gossip, Fake everything"

"Sorry" I mumble.

"Don't be, I've learned to ignore it and take constructive criticism from those who mean well from it, and not those who mean to hurt me" she says with pride and a smile spread across her beautiful face.

"Spoken like a true poet" I clap and she bows as we walked through the revolving glass doors of the hotel.

I'm not a generally naive person, I know for a fact that Madison is a good person and when she tells me about all of the hate she had received it really gets to me.

Would they treat me the same?

The thoughts swim around the pool of my mind for quite some time.

Madison unlocks our room and the sound of machine guns are heard from the blaring video game being blasted from the plasma sized tv.

Hayes and Carter have their eyes glued to the television screen as Gilinsky sits on his phone, his brown eyes scrolling through his screen as his thumb impatiently flicks through whatever it is he's looking at.

Get a hold of yourself and stop analysing his every move.

I compose myself and walk into mine and Madison's room to prepare for the busy day ahead.

I retrieve fresh underwear from my bag and make a mental checklist of what I will need to get from my suitcase.

"Those are quiet the pair of shorts"

My head shoots to the door frame that Jack is leaning on.

I roll my underwear into a ball and hide them behind my back before I can even process his compliment.

Was it even a compliment?

Whatever it was, it sends an odd sensation running down my spine and all the way back to my chest as my heart is beating a million seconds an hour.

I wonder if it could have been from fear. Surely I'm not scared of Jack.

He lightly chuckles at my lack of response and slowly makes his way over to me.

"I really wouldn't recommend wearing them out in public though"

I can't quiet get a hold of his tone, it is almost a mixture of anger and lust.

Before I have a chance to answer, Madison walks out of the bathroom and interrupts the conversation, "they didn't seem to bother the super hot Starbucks worker, who couldn't keep his gorgeous eyes off her the whole time we were there" she winks at me cheekily and exits the room.

He turns to me, his expression unreadable, "is that true?"

"I didn't notice him looking" I mumble and suddenly a bolt of courage pulses through my veins.

"But he was hot" I smirk.

He stiffens up, "well, you should watch how you dress in public, there are all sorts of weirdos out there."

"Weirder than you?" I challenge, raising an eyebrow.

His stature becomes less rigid as a smirk plays across his face and he make his way to the door.

He turns on his heel to face me right as he is about to leave.

"Nice underwear by the way, hopefully soon it'll be thrown across my bedroom floor rather than scrunched in a ball behind your back" he winks and closes the door behind him.