chapter fourty seven - taxis

Jack goes to help Andrea and I walk back to the little room to get our things.

I grab our phones and purses, getting a text from Sammy saying to meet them outside.

I take the back exit and meet up with them at the front.

Cam and Nash are supporting Mahogany and Johnson steadies Andrea whilst Sammy and Jack walk next to them.

I walk just behind the others, checking messages and trying to ignore the throbbing pain in my heels; arising from my surprisingly uncomfortable shoes.

I heard Johnson mention that we shojld take two taxis because it will be faster.

As we walk down the crowded street, I notice how lovely it is.

Flashing lights surround the area and sloghtly intoxicated young adults stroll around; holding hands and some even singing. Everyone seems so happy and carefree.

"Jack's sweater?" Sammy interrupts my thoughts and I jump slightly.

I take a moment to realise I'm still wearing the beige cardigain and I nod.

"Classic Gilinsky" Sammy chuckles.

I lower my eyebrows "what do you mean by that?"

He ponders speech for a moment and then decides against it, "it's a sexy dress Sarah, I'm just say you shouldn't need to cover it up" he smiles but seems annoyed.

Jack, Mahogany, Andrea and Johnson get in a yellow cab.

Nash, Cameron, Sammy and I get in the next one and since none of us know the adress, we tell the driver to follow the other car.

"Is that Jack's cardigain?" Cam winks and Sammy chuckles.

"Yes" I mumble and go back to my phone.

"Oh come one, don't be mad" Sammy shoves me.

"I'm just saying, that's a typical Jack move" he adds.

I think back to when Jack told me that girls borrowing his clothes is his pet peeve. I am torn as to whether Jack lied to make me feel special or Sammy is just trying to mess with me.

Then again, what reason would Sammy have to mess with me?

"It wasn't a move" I roll my eyes.

"I was cold" I lie.

"Oh yeah, all that sexual dancing. Must've been freezing" Sammy laughs coldly.

"Shut up"

"I can see it now, he complimented you on your dress - but then he put his cardigain on you because other guys were staring at you, then he told you he was the only one who should be allowed to see you like this"

A couple weeks ago, I would feel stupid and probably start a fight with Jack. But at this point it seems almost expected that something like this were to happen. I take in to account all of his efforts to make it up to me and decide that it's okay.

Jack's been in the game a long time - there's no denying that. Sure he may use some old tricks now and again, it doesn't define his feelings. I hope.

If you asked me what Jack and I are, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Sometimes I feel as though I'm only adicted to the rush of adrenaline he gives me with his rude comments or his repetitive smirks. But a part of me sees that Jack is really trying.

"Was I right?" he smiles harshly.

I ignore Sammy and go back to my phone, sliding the lockscreen back and forth - not wanting to put in my password.

We arrive back at the bus and Johnson is tending to Andrea; Mahogany and I laugh when I see Jack sort of trying to help but also looking like he would do anything to be as far away from the situation as possible.

I realise that the others are out, probably also clubbing - which is good because we don't have loads of other people crowding around.

"Thank god" he mouths when we walk in the door.

I laugh and tell Johnson to leave them and that they'll be fine.

"Sarah" Andrea groans.

"Yes my wonderful cousin whom I love very much" I laugh whilst trying to take of my shoes without falling over.

"We're gonna sleep down here tonight, the stairs are way too much of an effort" she says with her bloodshot eyes half open.

I nod, "I'll get you blankets and stuff"

"You babe" Andrea laughs.

"I'll help" Jack offers and follows behind me.

I close the door behind us once we're up the stairs and Jack picks up some pillows and blankets from the floor.

"You guys get such a cool room" Jack says whilst looking around.

"Don't tell anyone you've been up here, they might get angry" I laugh.

"Bite me" he smirks.

"I'm just going to change so I can give you your cardigain back"

I grab light blue cotton pants from my bag and a plain white baggy t shirt before going in to the bathroom.

I take off all my makeup and throw my hair into a pony tail.

I put on my glasses beause my vision always gets really blurry at night and step out the bathroom.

I see Jack flipping through one of Mahogany's Vogue magazines and laugh slightly.

He looks up and pretends to have been doing something else.

I throw him his cardigan and search through my suitcase for a sweater.

"Here" he says, and throws the cardigain back at me.

"No, it'll get all wrinkly if I sleep in it"

"You're such a girl" he huffs, "take it"

I roll my eyes and pull the long sleeves over my cold skin - internally admiting how warm and comfy it is.

We set up the couch so the girls can sleep on it and we leave water and buckets nearby, in case they need to throw up.

"I'm going upstairs" I mumble.

"Goodnight" Andrea and Mahogany mumble from the black leather couches.

Sammy comes through and hugs me to wish me a goodnight, he apologises for 'acting cold earlier'  and the boys wish me their goodnight from their bunks.

"Can I come up with you?" Jack winks.

I yawn and shrug my shoulders.

His eyes widen, "really?"

"You can't sleep up there, but you can stay for a while I guess"

Jack nods and follows behind me.

I shut the door and turn on a couple lights when we get in the room.

I walk around, putting stuff back in to my suitcase and folding Mahogany's dress.

"You should serioisly ask Mahogany if you can keep the dress" he chuckles.

I shake my head and plug my phone in to charge.

"So" Jack jumps on to my matress and brings my pillow to his chest like a three year old would do.

He pats the space next to him and smiles.

"Tell me about youself"