chapter 17

you all decide to walk back to your house. your parents are watching TV. you all go into the boys room. dylan closes the door behind us all. you sit and the end of the bed and dylan's lays down as he pulls out his phone. payton goes into the bathroom. not even 15 second later your dad barges in. you flinch because you weren't expecting it.

dad | the door stays open.

A | okay, sorry.

he walks away. you look at maggie and she laughs. payton walks out of the bathroom.

M | well! me and audrey are going to get changed upstairs.

A | we'll be back.

P | okay?

she nearly drags you upstairs and slams your door.

M | YOU KISSED HIM!!

A | yeah.

you smile nervously.

M | LIKE...ON THE LIPS?!

A | yes? we aren't in middle school.

M | oh my god!! i'm calling amber.

A | oh my goodness maggie.

the facetime starts ringing. she picks up.

Am | hey maggie!! i haven't talked to you in days! what's up?

maggie sets the phone up while you sand in the back.

Am | oh, hey audrey!

A | hey -

M | BITCH! GUESS WHAT!

you slap your hand over your face.

Am | what ?

M | audrey kissed payton.

Am | AUDREY!! omg. i haven't even met him yet?!

A | well you're not even home!

Am | i'll be home tomorrow and i better get to meet him.

A | you have school tomorrow.

Am | i'll just skip. this is far more important.

your face gets red from embarrassment. maggie completely outs you to amber. but you all have your laughs and amber is super happy for you. you miss her so much she's been gone for almost a week. you and maggie actually get changed this time. you put on your grey nike sweats and a white tank top. you guys head downstairs and into the boys room. they are sitting on the bed.

D | damn, it takes you guys a long time to change.

M | we weren't changing the whole time.

D | the hell were you doing?

P | doesn't matter, come here.

payton opens his arms for you. you smile and lay down next to him. he puts his arms around you. maggie sits between you and dylan. you decide to put on a movie. your mom walks in and you sit up quickly.

mom | do you guys want snacks or anything?

you look at everyone. they all seem in agreement.

A | yeah that'd be great.

mom | awesome.

you wrap your arms back around payton. he scratches your head. your mom brings in a bunch of snacks for you. while you're watching the movie payton whispers in your ear.

P | look at dylan and maggie.

you turn your head and see that dylan has his arm around maggie. payton takes a picture and sends it to dylan.

M | omg guys!

maggie kicks you.

A | ow.

M | you are so mean.

you all laugh.

A | you two are cute. stop it.

D | it's fine.

dylan laughs. maggie scoots a little farther away. you ignore it and snuggle back up next to payton. you drift off to sleep. you wake up later to maggie shaking your shoulder.

M | hey! your mom wants us back upstairs.

you stretch. payton is still asleep. you get up and touch his hair back before kissing his forehead. you and maggie walk upstairs. you guys brush your teeth and head to bed.

A | hey maggie.

M | yeah?

A | are you mad that payton took that picture of you and dylan earlier?

M | no.

A | you seemed mad.

M | no, i was just bothered but it's fine.

A | why? we're just messing around.

M | i know.

A | do you like him?

M | who?

A | dylan?

she doesn't respond.

A | you do?!!

M | no.

A | why not.

M | i- i don't know. he's not my type i guess. can we just... go to bed.

A | yeah.. i'm sorry.

M | it's fine.

what's up with maggie?

Word Count: 662