chapter 57

you wake up super late the next day. payton had hung up but you did get a text from him.

Payton
sorry baby, i had to go on the bus. text me when you wake up. i miss you:)

Audrey
good morning payyy

Payton
morning? more like afternoon dummy.

Audrey
hey- i don't want to hear it.

you joke. you sit around texting him for a little while before he has to go. you're not going anywhere today so your sit on tik tok. a tik tok comes up of a fan with payton. you smile and it makes you miss him a lot. but of course the next video is one of his. it's of him and his friends on stage. damn, i miss him so much. your whole for you page is the most beautiful girls going to meet him. that kind of brings your mood down. you decided to make a tik tok to make bring your mood up. no plan in posting it. you save it to drafts and lay sprawled out on your bed. then you phone rings. it's maggie.

A | hello?

M | AUDREY! COME DOWN SURFING.

A | what are you yelling?

M | ITS LOUD! WE ONLY HAVE A FEW DAYS UNTIL COMPETITION.

A | okay. i'll be out in a few.

M | WE'RE GOING TO BLOW THESE BITCHES OUT OF THE WATER.

A | 100%

M | OKAY SEE YOU IN A FEW!

A | see you!

she hangs up. you throw on your bathing suit and grab your surf bag off the deck. you really needed to get out of the house. when you get over there even amber's on the water. surprisingly she's not doing that bad. she could definitely compete in the beginners stage. you paddle out to join them.

M | hey!!

B | good to see you out of that house.

A | i guess.

M | we have completion in two days. there's no room for slacking.

A | i know, i know.

you start on the water and you honestly feel so relaxed. nothings worked up. no stress or anxiety. after about 45 minutes out it's supposed to storm. you are all hanging out on the beach when your back pocket begins to buzz. you pull it out and it's a call from anne.

A | hold on guys! i'm getting a call from anne.

M | who's anne?

Am | shh.

you pick up.

A | hello?

anne | hey audrey! i know this is very very short notice but we just found you the perfect shoot. literally a once in a lifetime first shoot.

A | who is it with?

anne | tommy hilfiger

A | seriously!!

anne | absolutely.

A | that's insane. how do i- yes!

M | what's going on?

anne | i'll tell them you're in but we have to fly you to LA. tonight.

A | TONIGHT? i don't know if-

anne | the shoot's tomorrow morning at 8am. usually it's not this short of notice. they had their model quit.

A | is this like a one time thing?

anne | who knows. depends on if they like you.

A | so it could be... permanent?