chapter 20

the boys come back to the conversation. you lay out the blanket and sit down next to payton. he has his arm wrapped around you. you are all talking and getting to know each other. you and payton are eating you sandwiches and you take this photo with him.

 you and payton are eating you sandwiches and you take this photo with him

you caption it "y'all seeing what i'm seeing? a mighty cutie🙃 @payton". you see maggie and dylan talking. well... a little more than talking. dylan was all over her. they are SO CUTE i swear. you and payton sneak a little photo and start giggling.

M | hey! what if we all had a boat day?

Am | omg yes!

A | that would be so fun!

you all begin cleaning up. you take all the stuff back to your house and then drive over to your boat. you have stuff for tubing and all that stuff. you even brought snorkeling gear. your dad is going to be driving to boat you just hope he isn't super hard on payton. as you're boarding the boat and you put all of your stuff on. you start putting on sunscreen while you are waiting for your dad to get over here.

Am | what do you guys want to listen to? Country, hip hop, pop?

M | pop!

D | agreed.

amber plays 3 Nights by Dominic Fike. (song at the top of the chapter) you're all singing and dancing. dylan's props up his phone and gets a video of you all just dancing. you and payton sit on the seats. he has his arm around you. amber and bryce are in the other seat. dylan is sitting in the drivers seat while maggie sits at his feet. you see your dad walking up the pier. you smile and stand up to open the door. he walks on the boat and gives you a hug. along with maggie and amber.

dad | what's up boys.

P | nothing much, sir.

dad | bryce?

B | oh hey!

dad | what are you doing here?

B | i'm dating amber.

dad | ohhh okay amber.

amber giggles. everyone sits down while you and your dad lowered the boat into the water. out of breath you get back on and sit next to payton. he starts messing with the hem of his shorts. your dad pulls the boat out and you're on your way. you open the mini fridge and grab everyone root beers. when you sit back down you pick up payton's hand and wrap it over your shoulders. he looks down at you with his cute little smile on his face. his teeth are a little bit messed up but it was the cutest thing. you return a smile back and lay your head on his shoulder.

M | how was vacation amber?

Am | so fun! it's so different in tennessee than it is down here.

A | that's so crazy.

Am | but i missed you guys like crazy.

A | you didn't miss too much.

Am | i missed payton coming to town.

payton laughs.

P | well i'm still here.

Am | i suppose.

you get a bit out into the water and the boat slows down.

dad | we're you guys planning on going tubing or something?

A | no, unless you guys want to.

D | YES!

P | yeah, let's do it.

maggie and amber are always down.

A | have you guys been?

P | once or twice.

D | never.

M | SERIOUSLY! omg dylan. uncultured.

D | dang.

P | we live in the middle of north carolina where do you expect us to go tubing.

M | well, audrey is the best water skier i've ever met.

A | i'm not that good.

Am | shut up you're amazing. you remember when i tried to water ski? i almost broke my neck.

D | is that like... we're you're on your feet?

M | yeah, dummy.

you see payton laugh.

D | what are you laughing at, payton. you can stand on your own two feet.

P | you can't either!

D | solid point.

A | i'll ski first. show y'all how it's done.

Am | thats my girlll!!!

i'm so sorry for not updating. AGAIN! i've been working on this part for like 3 days.

Word Count: 693