chapter 25

payton pulls away and smiles. you try to hide your blushing face in his chest. he has his arms wrapped around you and laughs.

P | you're so cute.

you watch the sunrise and listen to the waves it the shore. when it's finally 6am you head down to a diner for breakfast. you're trying to get in before morning rush. you get seated with your FAVORITE waitress. she only works on the weekends. she's a senior at your school.

waitress (hope) | hey audrey!! i haven't seen you here in so long!

A | i've been slacking a bit.

hope | and who is this!!?

A | this is my friend, payton.

hope | why hello payton!

P | hey.

hope | what can i get started for you guys this morning?

A | i'm going to have my usual.

hope | a mini pancake plate with sides of butter raspberry jelly and maple syrup but strawberry's and bananas on top, no blueberries.

A | you got it.

P | i'll have the House Waffles with normal syrup.

hope | okay. i'll have the right out for you.

A | thank you.

P | you come here often?

A | i used to. i would come every morning with amber.

P | why'd you stop?

A | maggie moved here. me and amber haven't been as close since maggie moved here.

P | awe.

A | it's okay. we are better than ever right now. it took them a long time to warm up since they were such different people.

P | that's good.

A | enough about me. what's your life like?

P | um i have the greatest mom ever.

A | do you?

P | yup. she's so supportive of everything i do. she started her own business.

A | she sounds amazing.

P | you'll have to meet her sometime.

A | i agree.

he smiles.

A | come on. anything else? any siblings?

P | i have a sister.

A | older or younger.

P | older. she's 18. her name's faith.

A | what a cute name.

P | umm. i live in my childhood home and started making music.ly's when i was in middle school and blew up.

A | how'd that go?

P | chaotic. i got bullied a lot. it took a toll of me for a bit but i learned not to give a shit what anyone else said. they're just fans.