chapter 29

mrs. harp walks off.

Kelsey | are you going to answer me?

A | what? sorry.

Kelsey | how'd you meet him?

A | he texted me.

Kelsey | UGH! you whore.

you roll your eyes and turn back toward the front of the class. you keep scrolling through tik tok and you come across a video of payton's. this is what he posted.

(skip to 3:32)

he captions it.

i guess i'm home:/

Comments-

dylan: simp
>> justaudreyy: period

iitsfaith: finally. i had no one to go to Target with.
>> iitspayton •creator• : get in the car. let's go.

user1: finally. we missed this payton.

mags23: we are literally in school now. this is overrated 🤠
>> iitspayton: ouch. imagine.
>> justaudreyy: just happy to be here💀

user2: great! now never leave again

user3: i just bought my tickets!!!

———————————————

you like his video and watch it like 8 times just to see him smile. you go and comment back to maggie and payton. she looks at you from across the room. soon the bell rings and you link with maggie.

M | what did smelly kelly want?

A | smelly kelly?

you laugh.

M | yeah. that's her name.

A | Kelsey?

M | yeah.

you part ways with maggie while she goes to drama. you walk into your physics class and see amber. you run over and jump on her back.

A | amber!!!

Am | audreyyy!! omg crazy to see you. AT SCHOOL!? woah.

A | i know!

you say as you jump down. you and amber are lab partners. you sit at at table together. you open your phone waiting for class to start and snap payton. amber loves photobombing. then your teacher walks in.

mr.chance | alright class. i'd like to welcome back audrey since she doesn't know how to come to class.

A | yup! hey everyone!

mr.chance is a really chill teacher probably one of your favorites. you and amber are his favorite.

mr.chance | alright. i'm not really feeling a lesson today so we're just going to watch a movie if that's good with you guys.