chapter 49

you and payton order food through the drive thru at chick fil a. you sit in the parking lot to eat it.

P | how are you liking it ?

A | it's different.

P | come on. what's up? you're acting weird.

A | it's just. i don't want to make a bad impression on your family since you mean so much to me. so i guess i'm- i don't know.

P | you just got to go for it. they're going to love you. besides i didn't invite you out here, to literally go to my sisters graduation with me, for nothing.

A | i'm going to your sisters graduation?!

P | yeah.

A | payton.

P | i'm sorry, are we moving to fast. i wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable or-

you put your hand on his cheek.

A | no. no i'm excited. you're moving just fine. it's just like a mental block from my last relationship.

P | i want to help you get past that. i want to show you how you're supposed to be treated. i want to be the person you feel comfortable around. i want you to feel comfortable around my family. i- i want to be your guy.

A | i know. i want all of that too but something's stopping me and i just don't know what it is.

you start tearing up a bit. payton gets out and walks around the car. he opens your car door and hugs you. he literally makes you feel so safe. you hug him. for a good minute and a half. you let go. he puts his hands on your hips.

P | i don't know what it is either. but i'm going to be here for you for however long you need.

A | thank you.

P | you want to head back to my place. try it all again?

A | that would be great.

he kisses your forehead and gets back in the drivers seat. he holds your hand on the way home. you two walk in the front door and his mom's in the living room. you walk in.

joanne | hey guys! where'd you eat?

A | we stopped at chick fil a.

joanne | that sounds good!

A | it was great!

F | audrey! payton! i didn't know you were home.

P | we just got here.

F | i bought a board game last night if you want to play. i was just planning on playing with mom.

P | that would be fun! you want to audrey?

A | sure!

F | great! let's play in the living room.

she sets up the game and you end up playing for an hour or so. it actually gets you really close with payton's family.

joanne | i'm getting a little sleepy. i might head to bed.

A | okay. payton? are you ready for bed?

P | sure.

F | i'll see you guys tomorrow.

joanne | big day tomorrow faith.

F | i know! i'm so excited.

you and payton walk upstairs. you open your suitcase and start pulling out pajamas.

P | here.

payton throws a sweatshirt at you.

A | what is this.

P | something to sleep in.

A | i have-

P | you'll look cute in it.

you smile and put in on with a pair of shorts.

P | i'm going to hop in the shower. i'll be right out.

A | okay! that's fine.

you decide to post on instagram.

-comments-

user1: i would notice that room anywhere.

dylan: you're kidding... i'm coming over.
>> xoxoaudrey: i miss u🤍

iitsfaith: you're so pretty!!

user2: no ones going to talk about how she's literally in payton's room

hater: okay whore. i don't fw u
>> user3: she has feelings too and this comment is just so rude and unneeded.

user4: sometimes i look in the mirror and i'm like. oh i look cute today then i remember that this is what audrey sees when she looks in the mirror... literally stunning.

payton comes out with a towel around his waist. when i tell you the butterflies EXPLODED. your jaw dropped.

P | what audrey?

A | oh nothing.

he smirks and rolls his eyes. he throws on shorts and another sweatshirt and cuddles into bed next to you. you slip your hand under his sweatshirt and rub on his stomach. he does the same on your back. a movie plays in the back but you drift right off to sleep.

sorry for a late update and such a short chapter. i spent the last 6 hours on the phone with the boy i told myself yesterday i wasn't going to waste my time on...

Word Count: 757