chapter 21

you open the seats and pull out the skis. you walk off the back of the boat and tie on the rope.

A | amber can i use your hair tie.

Am | yeah. here.

you throw your hair up into a messy bun. payton smiles at you. you look at him while you jump into the water. maggie passes your skis. you slip them on and hold on. you give your dad the thumbs up and he starts up. once you get your balance you think it's about time to show off. you to your jumps and turns. finally your dismount... with style. you let go but use the force from to boat to front flip. you take off your skis as you tread waiting for the boat to come back. you hop on the back and throw your skis on for maggie who's going next. everyone is clapping.

D | that's fucking crazy.

B | i'm impressed.

A | as you should be.

you laugh and sit back down next to payton. he smiles at you.

P | that was sick.

A | you think.

P | totally.

you lean your head on his shoulder. maggie goes. after you try and get dylan to go. he wipes out 3 times within 30 seconds.

D | alright. that's enough of that.

he says climbing back on the boat.

A | that means it's your turn pay!!

you say tapping him on the arm and smiling. he grabs your head and places a kiss on your forehead. he jumps off the boat and you pass him his skis.

A | good luck payt.

he does the kissing motion at you. you smile and close the back door of the boat. you sit on the seat farthest back so you can watch him. the boat starts and he's actually doing really well.

Am | wow audrey.

you look over at her.

A | he's good right!

Am | yeah, but look at you.

A | what?

Am | you're smiling like a fool.

you let out a little laugh.

A | he's adorable.

you admit.

Am | awe, my baby auggy's falling for a boy again.

A | just a little.

you look back at payton and he gets complete destroyed by a wave. amber bursts out laughing. dylan loses his shit. along with maggie and you... just a bit.

A | STOP!! dad. he fell.

he slows down the boat. his head bops over the water. he start swimming toward the boat. you help him back up and give him a hug.

A | are you okay?

P | yeah. i'm okay.

he hugs you and rubs the back of your head. he doesn't know that but it's your comfort. when you're having anxiety attacks or just scared in general. you hug him a little tighter.

M | audrey. why don't you two try going on the single one together like we do.

A | that would be so fun. let's do it!

P | what?

you pull out the single.

P | both of us on that?!

A | it's SO fun.

P | if you want.

A | ahh yay!

you both jump in the water. you try so many time to get on at the same time and keep slipping and falling on each other. you get a mouthful of water. you spit it out at payton and you bath start laughing. eventually you get it and your dad starts. you have your arms around payton. you hold yourself close to him. he has one arm holding and the other trying to keep balance. you are actually going pretty good.

P | are you good.

A | yeah. are you?

P | i'm slippin' a little.

A | hey guess what.

P | wha-

before he can finish his sentence you jump in his direction tackling him into the water. you both hit the water. he drags you under since his arms are still around you. when you come back up you both have the biggest smiles on your faces. payton has his arms around your waist. you have yours wrapped around his neck.

P | is your dad watching?

you look back.

A | uhh... no.

you look back and payton places his lips on yours. your stomach fills with butterflies. you scratch his head with your nails. he pulls away. you both look back to see if your dad saw. luckily he didn't.... but maggie, dylan and amber did. you look back at payton and laugh. you both swim back over to the boat. when you get on maggie is giggling.

A | shut up.

D | paaayyytttoonnnn.

P | dylan. shut up.

dad | do you guys want to go swimming out here.

A | yeah. that'd be great.

wow. what a moment am i right.

Word Count: 774