chapter 34

you pack up your things for school and get brady in the backseat. you have your phone with payton on facetime set up on your dashboard. you order your milkshakes and take a selfie to post on your story. "morning milky's :)". you walk him into school again. he hugs you before running into class. you wave to his teachers and take the same route out again.

girl | it's audrey again!

you turn and look at them.

girl | see it is you.

A | how do you know?

girl 2 | you answered to audrey.

A | there's thousands of audreys.

girl | just admit it.

A | fine it's me.

girl 2 | wait seriously?! no.

A | yup.

girl | you mean to tell me payton jay moormeier was in cocoa beach all week and i didn't see him?!

A | all week.

girl 2 | can we get a photo.

A | sure?

this was really odd to you. you took a photo with the girls. another walks by.

girl 3 | kailey what are you doing?

girl | taking a photo with payton moormeier's girlfriend!!

girl 3 | that's not her?

girl 2 | it is. her name's audrey.

girl 3 | so many people are named audrey. she's going to have to prove it.

A | i'm in a rush. but you believe what you want.

girl 3 | poser.

you smile and walk away. that was so weird. when you get back to the car you sit there waiting for school to start. before you know it the weekend has FINALLY come. after what feels like weeks. you are out at dinner with your girls. you are going to go take photos at Lovers Point then you three are going to camp out there. bryce is coming to "protect" you. it was just an excuse so amber could bring him out.

Am | bryce said he would meet us out there with the tent at 8:30.

A | okay.

M | is there going to be another guy there for bryce. so he isn't surrounded by girls all night?

Am | no i wouldn't want to have to put that on you guys.

A | no totally. let him bring on of his friends.

M | he said the tent had two rooms anyways right?

Am | yeah.

A | yeah tell him.

Am | okay. thank you.

A | no problem. if we're with our friends he should be too.

M | right.

you grab your bag from him and say goodbye to your parents. the group decided to dress comfy. when you're looking through your room you see something on the ground behind your bathroom door. you pick it up. it's payton's sweatshirt. your instinct is to smell it. it smells like him. your heart melts.