chapter 9

your dad wakes up and barges into your room. you put you finger over your mouth and point to maggie.

dad | come here.

you set down your phone and walk downstairs.

dad | you're grounded. what is maggie doing here.

A | i didn't know i was grounded from maggie?! you know she doesn't have anywhere else to go.

dad | she can go to amber's.

A | no. amber was asleep. can i order breakfast?

dad | no we have stuff here.

A | i'm going to do it.

you grab his phone off the table.

dad | audrey!

he jokes. you and your parents have a love hate relationship. you can joke around but they are always on your tail about being the perfect daughter. at the end of the day they do love you.

A | you have postmates?

dad | yeah.

A | what do you want?

dad | surprise me.

you order and give his phone back.

A | no peeking.

dad | i'm going to to do it.

A | NO!

you sit down and talk with your dad he apologized for being so hard on you the last few days. we wasn't having a rough time at work.

A | does that mean i can have my phone back?

dad | no. you're still in trouble.

A | fine. can i at least have my macbook? i can keep up with school.

he gives you that "seriously" stare. you smile.

dad | fine. it's on my desk.

A | yes! thank you dad.

you give him a hug before he leaves then you grab your macbook before going back upstairs. payton is still asleep. so is maggie. you decide to get changed and ready for the day. this is what you put on.

you put your hair in a messy bun and put on your blue light glasses

you put your hair in a messy bun and put on your blue light glasses. you open up your macbook and then your courses. you have your phone set up on your laptop. you start with trigonometry. you send it to print down in the office and go get it. you watch countless videos to catch up on what's going on. to be honest you'd rather be out surfing. after you finished your work in 4 of 8 classes payton wakes up.

P | hey.

he said in his morning voice. you quickly unmute.

A | hey.

P | did i fall asleep?

A | yeah. but it's okay.

he smiles and looks at the time. he groans.

P | my friends are coming from LA to see me today. they got on their plane and hour ago. so i have like 2 hours.

A | ugh so i cant talk to you.

P | no *laughs* i'll still talk to you.

A | damn right.

he smirks over at you. he starts getting ready as you continue your work. you finish your classes on the phone with payton.

P | okay aug, my friend are going to be here any minute. i'll talk to you later.

A | bye payt.

P | bye.

you see that you were on the phone for 12 hours and 49 minutes. you screenshot it. no big deal... since maggie is still asleep you hop in your bed next to her and get some sleep since you didn't last night. you wake up at 10:15. maggie wasn't there anymore. you groan and get up. you check your phone. 2 missed calls from amber. a snap from payton. some people added you. you shut off your phone and walk downstairs. maggie is watching a movie with your parents.

A | hey?

mom | oh hey!

M | audrey! you want to watch a christmas story with us.

A | it's July?

maggie drags you on the couch next to her.

A | come on we at least need christmas pajamas.

M | omg!! like have a christmas theme night.

mom | that would be so fun!

dad | girls.

mom | oh come on. loosen up.

you and maggie run upstairs and you lend her some pajamas and you wear red plaid shorts on the bottom and a festive cropped tee. maggie wears red plaid pants and a christmas tank top. you go downstairs and your parents are in onesies. you decide to order peppermint ice cream from dairy queen. when it gets here you turn the ac on real cold and pull out heated blankets and start the movie.

christmas in july!

Word Count: 713