chapter 11

M | but for real audrey. loosen up a bit. payton didn't add you for no reason.

A | i know.

you talk with maggie about life for a long time. you fall asleep. waking up the next morning you see 4 missed calls from payton a few snaps and texts.

Payton
hey audrey!
you want to facetime?
dylan's in the shower.
answer my call😠
audreyyy
aug
are you mad at me😣
i'm sorry:( i didn't mean anything. tell me what's wrong.
audrey?
well, goodnight audrey. i'll talk to you tomorrow.

Audrey
good morning payton💀 i fell asleep. i'm sorry. you didn't do anything.

Payton
omg! thank goodness. i was a little scared ngl. but that's good.
you have anything planned today?

Audrey
nope. still grounded. i'll just catch up on schoolwork. maggie is going surfing with a few friends. my dad still won't let me leave.

Payton
awe. that sucks.
well i'll talk to you while maggie's gone.

Audrey
it's okay. you can hang out with your friend. don't worry about me.

Payton
nah, i'll worry about you.

Audrey
you're such a dork. well, i'm going to shower. i'll talk to you soon.

Payton
okay. talk to you soon,

you shut off your phone and turn on the shower. while you're in there you just can't get payton off your mind. omg audrey! stop. you don't simp. say it with me...

A | i. don't. simp.

your phone buzzes on the counter. it's a snap from payton. you dry your hands and open it. you smile and catch your self. stop it!! you decide to snap him back in the shower. you do and he snaps back fast. "awe dang. you're adorable" "oh stop it" "what i'm just saying" you roll your eyes and set your phone back down. you get out of the shower and change into sweats and your nike sports bra. you walk downstairs with your laptop. you order post mates. your dad walk out of his office.

dad | what are you doing?

A | causing trouble.

dad | thought so.

you get a ring on your doorbell.

A | there's my food.

dad | do you ever eat food from the house?

A | hmmm, no.

you open the door.

A | thank you.

you pay the guy and open up your laptop at the kitchen table. you dad cooks up eggs and goes back to his office. you grab your glasses and start working on your work. then you phone starts buzzing. it's payton. you set up your phone on your drink.

A | hey payt!

P | what's up audrey. i'm with dylan.

A | hey dylan.

D | hey

A | so what's up?

P | um. *laughs nervously*

A | what? spit it out.

P | well, me and dylan were thinking, if you want, we can both fly out to Florida and come see you. since we haven't met in real life before.

you cover your mouth with your hands. you speak through your hands and it comes out muffled.

A | seriously?!!

P | yeah.

he smiles.

P | if you want us too.

A | yes! yes, come on.

P | really?

A | yeah.

P | aren't you grounded?

A | oh, right. i'll have to ask.

P | okay

he laughs a bit.

A | here. let me go ask my dad. he's working. i'll call you right back.

P | okay. bye!

A | bye.

you're literally shocked and excited at the same time. you quickly call maggie. not knowing if she'll answer since she's out. she doesn't. you slowly open your dad's office door.

A | hey... dad.

dad | what's up sweetheart?

A | i have a questionnnn

dad | okay?

A | please don't say no, you have to hear me out.

dad | no.

A | dad *laughs*

dad | alright, what is it.

A | i know i'm grounded-

dad | oh yeah, no.

A | please dad.

dad | keep going.

A | so i met this boy...online. and he lives in north carolina with his family. i know what he looks like we've been talking on the phone and facetiming. it's not a scam or anything. i'm not going to get kidnapped. he wants to come and see me.

dad | when?

A | i don't know? soon?

dad | how'd you meet him?

A | he added me on snapchat. it's a messaging app.

dad | why?

A | he saw a tik tok of mine. please dad.

dad | no, you don't know him.

A | please dad! i've never wanted anything more in my life. please!!

dad | you're grounded and i don't think your mom would be happy with me if i said yes.

A | come on dad please. for me. your only daughter wants to meet a friend of hers. and she's coming to you! YOUUU to ask. please please please. i'll have maggie come with me and everything. we'll meet in  public place. nothing's going to happen.

dad | where will he stay?

A | there plenty of hotels... or maybe... here.

dad | now that's a stretch.

A | i know. but please dad. i'm keeping up with my schoolwork. my grades are going up. all since i met this guy.

dad | what if he treats you like gabe did.

A | i think payton's different. he understands me. we click dad.

he doesn't say anything for a minute.

A | so?

dad | fine.

A | YES! OMG THANK YOU DAD!!  I CAN'T EVEN!!

you go over and give him a hug.

A | THANK YOU!

dad | you have to tell your mother about this. if she doesn't agree then he isn't coming.

A | okay. i got it, you were the hard part.

he rolls his eyes.

dad | now let me get back to work.

A | okay. thank you dad.

dad | you're welcome.

you close the door and jump with joy.

you get to meet payton!!  hopefully...

Word Count: 951