chapter 32

you felt really bad you didn't answer payton last night.

Audrey
good morning payton! sorry i didn't respond last night. i was spending it with my girls yk. i'll text you later.

you shut off your phone to see amber with her head resting on the table.

A | WAKE UP!

you yell at her.

waiter | what can i get started for you guys?

A | i'll have a coffee with a CC shot.

waiter | CC's for both of you, i believe?

A | yup. thanks.

Am | can i get orange juice too?

waiter | yeah! i'll have that right out for you.

CC's are very strong coffee shots the place sells that makes you look and feel less drunk with the charcoal mixture in the beans. it does NOT taste good at all. it tastes like sour dirt with a coffee after taste but it does it's magic. the girl brings you and amber your drinks and shots.

A | shot on 3

Am | 3

A | 2

Am | 1

you take it.

Am | FUCK! tastes like ass.

she slaps the table. you cough. she washes it down with a bunch of orange juice.

Am | time check?

A | we have an hour.

Am | damn.

you get your breakfast and head back home. you're already feeling a little better. you grab your bag out of your car and a spare set of clothes. which is jean shorts and a big t-shirt. you and amber then part ways on the way to school. you pass the diner again.

A | shit.

you run in and order a shot to go. they get it out to you quick. you put it in your bag and get to school. you lay tired in your first period class. the bell rings and maggie still hasn't arrived.

Audrey
mags. where the hell are you?

Maggie
i'm heading over there. i just fucking woke up.

Audrey
text me when you get there and go to the bathrooms by the pool.

Maggie
alright

you raise your hand.

mrs.harp | yes miss little.

A | can i use the restroom.

mrs.harp | you may.

you put your macbook in your bag and threw it on your back.

mrs.harp | leave the bag audrey.

A | i need it.

mrs.harp | no you don't.

A | i'm taking my bag.

you walk out of the class and walk down the stairs to the pool entrance. you walk through the main pool area and the freshman class is there. the stare at you as you walk into the locker rooms. you take the shortcut to the restrooms and wait, sitting on the sink. you're fixing up your makeup when your phone buzzes.