chapter 22

you throw your towel back on the beach as everyone walks on the back of the boat.

A | mags. get me and payt jumping in.

M | okay.

you and payton jump in and she throws your phone in the seat as everyone follows. bryce start swimming out.

B | ayo i can touch out here.

P | no way!

everyone starts swimming over there. obviously the boys can touch. your dad is on his phone at the boats. you swim over to payton and put your arms around his neck. he holds you up.

Am | chicken fights?

A | oh i'm so down.

D | me and maggie are dream team.

A | hey hey hey don't get too comfy dylan. because on normal fights me and maggie never lose.

D | okay okay.

you get on payton's shoulders. you grab his head as support. you tussle around his hair just for fun.

B | alright we got to start even lengths apart.

D | make this official.

Am | maggie come a little forward and toward me.

her and dylan do.

A | okay. on your marks. get set.

B | GO!!

you start pushing on each other.

Am | maggie team up on audrey.

A | NO WHY ME.

P | we got this aug. get em' !

this fight gets really intense. you push maggie down. now it's you and payt vs. amber and bryce.

A | come on payton stay strong.

you hear the boys laughing. dylan's cheering for payton and maggie is cheering for you. you are so glad that payton and dylan are getting along with everyone okay. you feel like this is just how it's supposed to be. eventually you slip up and fall back into the water. you come up to amber and bryce celebrating. they kiss.

dad | bryce. don't get too handsy boy. amber's pretty much my daughter as well.

amber smiles.

B | sorry sir.

you all enjoy some time in the water before getting back on the boat since the sun is going down. you put the boat back together and say goodbye to your dad.

dad | don't be out too late.

A | we won't.

dad | have you been doing your makeup schoolwork.

A | yeah.

dad | maggie?

M | i'll do it.

dad | tomorrow. both of you.

you dad jumps in his car and drives off.

B | you all want ice cream. on me.

M | i'll never deny some ice cream.

D | yup.

you all walk to the closest ice cream shop and get cones before walking back out to the beach with your picnic blanket to lay out while you watch the sunset. dylan maggie bryce and amber are on the blanket you and payton decide to stand. he has his arms around you. you start shivering a bit. he looks down at you.

P | are you cold?

A | no. i'm fine.

P | are you sure? i brought a sweatshirt, it's back in the car.

A | no. it's okay.

P | no, let's go get it.

A | it's okay.

P | we'll be right back. i have to go get this girl a hoodie.

Am | okay. be safe.

D | don't be too long.

you walk up the beach with your hand in his. the other hand you have grabbing his arm. you get to the car and unlock it while payton pulls out his hoodie and hands it to you.

P | here.

A | thank you.

you slip it on. the sleeves fall over your hands.

P | you're adorable.

he grabs your face and plants a short kiss on your forehead.

P | here. i'll piggy back ride you back over.

A | hehe.

you jump on his back as he walks back over. your wrap your arms around him tightly and put your head close to his. you've never felt this way about a guy before. just being around him boosts your mood. the genuine happiness you feel around him is insane. you get back and maggie is laying in dylan's arms. you and payton quietly freak tf out. payton wraps his arms around you and rests his chin on your head as the sun sets on the beach.

P | there's no one i'd rather watch the sunset with.

you smile as the butterflies in your stomach go insane.

A | me neither.

he holds you a little tighter.

Am | cuties!!! can i snap a photo.

A | of course.

she does.

Am | that's so cute aug. i'll send it to you.

A | thanks.

you all pack up for the night and say goodbye to amber and bryce since they have school in the morning.

A | bye babies!!

B | bye!!

Am | bye!

A | hopefully we can all hang out again soon.

Am | yes!

B | that would be awesome.

you all get back in your car and drive home. when you walk in the door you see none other than your little brother brady.

A | BRADY!

B | audrey! maggie!

he runs over and into your arms. you let go of payton's hand to catch him.

A | how are you buddy.

B | i'm good.

you put him down and he runs over and hugs maggie's legs.

M | hey little dude. what's up!

B | i just had a pop tart.

M | that sounds so good!

B | yeah.

A | well, brady, i want you to meet my friends payton and dylan. can you say hi payton and dylan.

B | hi payton and dylan!

payton squats to the floor.

P | hey buddy! can i get a fist bump.

brandy walks over and fist bumps payton. he makes an explosion noise. it makes you smile seeing that payton gets along with brady so well.

A | well brady. i'm going to go hang out with my friends but just go to mommy and daddy if you need anything.

B | okay. bye. bye payton.

P | bye dude!

rate the chapter 1-10. hehe anyways what's your guys' favorite summer activity.

Word Count: 973