chapter 65

chris makes you do a bunch of things and writes stuff down on his clipboard. but all that runs through your head is where's payton.

chris | that should be it. thank you so much. do you need anything else?

A | is everyone okay?

chris | amber is stabilizing. she woke up about an hour and a half ago and your boy is being treated for head and neck injuries.

A | are they going to be okay?

chris | amber is looking all good and payton should just be a little sore and has some cuts and brusies. you got it the worst.

A | i'm glad they're okay.

chris | actually, payton wants to come in here and see you.

A | can he?!

chris | sure.

A | great.

you sit in your bed. not sure how you look. you try and fix your hair but it hurts to move. then chris' voice begins closer again before he walks in.

chris | she has a pretty bad concussions and her hearing seems to be a little muffled. he still have to do more tests to do but here she is.

P | baby.

A | payton.

he has bandages on his face. one already filling with blood. he's all beat up. your eyes fill with tears. you can barley remember what had happened. but you do remember you dream.

P | how are you feeling, i missed you.

A | i missed you too.

you cry.

A | are you okay?

P | i'm fine how are you.

A | i'm okay.

P | good.

A | how long have you been out.

P | this is the first time i've been allowed out of my room.

you smile.

A | do you remember what happened?

P | i remember the crash and the the ambulance coming and everything's a bit blurry after that.

A | did we get her?

P | who? everyone's here.

chris | we got everyone from the accident.

A | how's maggie?

the doctor gives you a confused look. he looks at the both of you kind of blank faced.

chris | amber?

A | no. maggie.

chris | are you feeling okay! we should get you some rest.

P | she's fine. you- you don't- i thought maggie was here? maggie johnson.

chris looks back as his clipboard a second time.

A | she's still there payton.

P | what? where?

A | she's still out there she told me.

P | how did she tell you. audrey-

chris | she's not thinking straight from the meds and injury.

A | I'M FINE WHERE THE FUCK IS MAGGIE!?

P | no there was 5 people in that car. i'm 1000% sure.

chris | the night is blurry for the both of you. are you sure there was a 5th passenger in the car.

P | yes, maggie johnson she was sitting behind the driver in the back with me and audrey.

chris | do you think she's still out there?

P | she might be.

chris speed walks out of the room yelling for people. you start crying.

P | how did you know?

A | my dream.

P | your dream?

A | when i was passed out. it was scary but i saw her. she was talking about how we left her and i didn't know what she meant.

P | she meant we left her out there.

A | she talked about hearing the sirens fade out.

P | i feel terrible.

A | do you think she's okay?

P | we have to hope so.

you sit there while payton holds your hand. you cry to him. you're both in bad shape when chris walks back in.

A | is she okay?

chris | we found her laying off the side of the road and she had rolled down by the beach.

tears roll down your face. you can't believe you forgot her.

chris | she was still alive we brought her back to the hospital and is going into surgery now.

payton holds your hand tighter.

chris | for now you should work on personal recovery. both of you, especially you, audrey, have a long road of recovery ahead.

you talk to him for a minute and he walks out.

A | i should have told her to sit back down.

P | what?

A | in the car. she was standing on her seat so her hair could blow in the wind. i let her.

P | babe it's not your fault.

A | it is i hurt her. i promised i'd never hurt her payton i failed her i-

he holds your hand as tears run down your face. you're hysterical. you want to cuddle up in your bed with him but it'd hurt too much and-

chris | payton, they need you back to your room now.

P | okay, one moment.

chris | okay.

P | it wasn't your fault. you didn't think anything would happen. we were all having fun.

A | until we weren't. we ended up in the hospital.

P | no

he shoots you down.

P | we didn't know that. it was no ones fault. i have to head back to my room now. i love you, audrey.

you look at him and see the pain and fear in his eyes but behind that. you see the boy who had taken your heart. the boy who had said they'd be with you forever and followed through. who had spent thousands of dollars to be with you. to be by you. to support you. he made your heart skip a beat whenever you saw him. he had hundreds of girls heart. hundreds of options but he wanted you. you were in love with him.

A | i love you too.

he smiles and kisses your forehead before walking back to his room.

sorry for the delay. SCHOOL. i'm taking a bunch of tests in school rn. but i love you all. so much you're beautiful/ handsome all of that.

Word Count: 892