chapter 41

the next two weeks were amazing for you. maggie came back from Montana a few days ago and had a great time. she actually has high hopes for her parents. amber got a cute promposal from bryce. maggie's going with her friend jayde and we're going hopefully with payton. you and payton's relationship has been amazing over the last few weeks. you are literally on the phone every single moment. it's early on a friday morning. today's the last day to buy tickets for prom. you already bought your ticket for you and payton. you bryce amber and maggie are up early for surfing since practice for Cocoa Surf Contest starts in two weeks.

you wait on your board at the bend when you see two people running with boards.

A | amber! bryce!

Am | hey audrey!

you hug her. then bryce.

B | what's up?

A | just waiting for you slowpokes to get here.

B | maggie's not even here don't blame it on us.

you see maggie in the distance.

A | well she is now.

when maggie gets over you paddle out. you haven't surfed in awhile. you've been quite distracted. the morning waves were pretty good. you all had wipe outs. after about an hour you walk toward shore.

A | you're getting really good at surfing amber.

Am | you think?

B | only thanks to the best instructor slash boyfriend.

M | only?

B | only.

you grab your bag and start walking to breakfast with everyone. you're sitting in the booth when you get a call from payton.

A | hold on guys. i'll be right back.

Am | okay.

you walk outside.

A | hey payton! i'm at lunch can i call you back in like a half hour?

P | yeah yeah. that's fine. i just had to tell you something.

A | okay?

P | i'll tell you after breakfast.

A | are you sure?

P | of course. have a good time aug.

A | i miss you.

P | i miss you too.

A | bye

P | BYEEE

you sit back down at dinner and soon say goodbye to everyone before walking to class.

A | oh, hold on maggie. i have to call payton. he had something to tell me.

M | call him after school.

A | what if it's important?

M | you'll find out after school.

A | hold on.

you dial payton.

A | hey payton. what up?

P | hey aug. i'm sorry.

A | for what?

P | my mom just told me that my sister's graduation is the weekend of your prom.

A | you can't come?

P | i don't think so.

A | i'm a little upset. but it's okay. that's way more important.

P | i'm sorry.