chapter 60

jennifer | in here we have your outfits we'll be having you wear. just put them on walk out to set we'll take your photos and repeat that.

A | got it.

you nod.

jennifer | you look really nervous.

A | just a little. it's my first shoot.

jennifer | i know and i want you to be as comfortable as possible. out there they're going to observe the way you act around everyone. your best bet is to just completely be yourself. act like you hired these people to take your photos. you are literally the star out there. they need a new model and you have the whole tool box. you just got to hit 'em with the confidence i know you have.

A | you're saying they could hire me?

jennifer | if they like you.

A | seriously. so just, be... bold?

jennifer | exactly.

A | okay, i think i got it.

jennifer | alright. i'll leave you to it.

you nod as she starts to walk out. she stops at the door.

jennifer | also, if you're ever not comfortable wearing any of these outfits just tell me. how you feel is most important.

A | okay, thank you.

jennifer | alright good luck sweetheart.

you smile as she closes the door. you get in your first outfit. its a baiting suit set and a pair of jeans. you walk into the room of cameras and you're immediately overwhelmed. there's so many people. you grab your arm and then remember what jennifer said and keep walking to the set like you own the place.

young lady | you must be audrey!

A | i am.

young lady | i'm hiku i'll be posing you. that's mark, ben, alisia, jenny, chris, and hunter. they're working on all the tech.

A | hey!

you're there all day and all of the built up fear and anxiety is gone. you're so comfortable with everyone. you don't even understand why you were so intimidated. you end up getting hiku's number so you can stay in touch. she's about 3 years older than you. it's dark out as you're packing up your things. you are talking with marsh in the lobby when you see anne approach you.

A | hey anne!

anne | hey! can i talk to you on your way out?

A | y-yeah is everything alright.

anne | no.

A | what?

anne | come with me.

you look at marsh who is also confused.

anne | come on.

marsh shrugs her shoulders as anne walks away. you quickly chase after her.

A | what's wrong?

you say when you catch up to her at the car.

anne | get in.

you sit down inside and a man shuts the door.

anne | seriously, audrey!

A | what? what did i do?

she wipes her hands down her face in silence.

A | i'm sorry.

anne | they loved you.

A | what?

you smile.

anne | i got you!

A | you scared the shit out of me.

she laughs and hits your arm.

anne | no you were amazing. they fell in love with your personality and your passion.

A | that's crazy.

anne | and they want to hire you.

A | what?! anne are you kidding. if you're messing with me right now-

anne | i'm not.

A | thank you?! omg. i- like what does that mean? what does that entitle?

anne | they'll have you out whenever they need a shoot. you'll have a dressing room and work with pretty much the same team. they'll pay for flights and housing. they longer you stay the more you get really.

A | i literally can't wrap my head around this right now.

anne | well, hold yourself together. i have a little bit more to tell you.

A | more?!

anne | yes. a dress boutique wants to fit you for some dresses to model for their runway show in a few weeks.

A | dresses?

anne | yup.

she talks a lot of business with you on the way home before walking you to your door.

anne | you get some rest. we don't have anything planned tomorrow it's all you but just text me if you need anything. food, a ride, anything.

A | okay. thank you so much.

she smiles and walks back to the car. you open your front door and see balloons and candy on the floor. you look up and see payton holding a teddy bear and a sign that says "congrats on your first shoot baby". you run over to him and jump into his arms.

P | congratulations audrey!

A | what are you doing here.

P | i came to see you

he laughs. you hold onto him so tight. you missed the smell of him. you missed his face. you missed his laugh and his voice. it wasn't the same over the phone. you soon let go.

P | you look beautiful.

you grab his face and hugged him a long kiss as he places his hands on your back. you talk to him for a minute.

P | do you wanna go get food? have you eaten?

A | not since lunch.

P | then come on. we can take my car. go get dinner and lay on the beach.

A | it's raining out.

P | that can't stop us?

you smile and he takes your hands walking you out to the car. he opens you door and runs to the other side. you drive and you're sitting in the drive thru you hear rain trickle down on the car. you smile. something about this is just bring you so much serotonin.

P | look at that. it's been weeks since there's been rain.

you open the side door and walk out into the rain opening up your arms. the cold rain drops feel so good against your skin.

trying to get back to updating! i love you guys.

Word Count: 943