chapter 61

P | what are you doing.

payton laughs as you sit down on the warm pavement.

P | you're going to get all wet.

A | it feels nice out here.

P | come on our foods here.

you walk back to the car. he pulls a coat out of the back and lays it over your seat so it doesn't get wet. you start eating bits of the food when he pulls into a walmart parking lot. way in the back.

A | what are we doing.

P | eating.

you smile as he takes the bag and walks out of the car. you open your door as he walks around to your side and sits on the ground. you sit next to him as it starts to rain harder.

A | so much for my professional makeup.

P | you look beautiful.

you smile while he pulls you chin in for a kiss. you eat and listen to the rain hit puddles on the ground. your head laying on payton's shoulder. a song starts playing over the speakers. causing you to stand up. payton's eyes follow you.

A | dance with me.

you smiles and gets on your feet. you dance in the rain to a love song that's playing over the speaker. when the song ends you and payton have a long meaningful kiss and the cold raindrops soak your hair. you start laughing as payton picks you up over his shoulder. he runs into the store then putting you down. you walk in, but when you get to the main flooring you lose balance from your wet shoes and slip on the floor. payton looks down at you and laughs. you get back up and you both buy a dry pair of clothes and change in the bathrooms. your race across the parking lot to payton's car.

A | ITS LOCKED.

P | my keys are in the bag.

he says referring to your bag of wet clothes you pull them out and throw the bag in the backseat. payton goes home with you where you watch Disney movies on your couch. payton falls asleep with his arms around you. you've never felt the way you do about payton toward anyone else. you were so in love and tonight just proved that. it's not about the money he has. and how successful you guys are. or where you live or what your family is like. you guys can let life go for a night and dance in the rain. you find joy just being around him. and having the change to hear his laugh and see his smile. you scroll through some photos you got tonight and decided to post this on your instagram.

 you scroll through some photos you got tonight and decided to post this on your instagram

you fall asleep on the couch in payton's arms. he wakes up before you. you hear him cooking in the kitchen.

A | i thought we didn't have any food?

P | i went out and got some.

he said walking toward the couch and sitting next to you.

P | good morning baby.

you open your arms really big and he gives you a hug.

A | what are you making?

P | omelettes

A | ooo. a chef.

P | absolutely.

A | i'm going to run upstairs and brush my teeth while you finish that up.

P | okay.

you brush your teeth and when you come back down payton set the table up for you. after spending two days with payton in your air bnb it's time you fly home. you get to see all your friends and family after a couple days and got to spend that with payton it was amazing. and finally it's the day of competition. you couldn't be more excited. the shores are packed even more than the beginning of april. you and all your friends are up at 4:30 and run to the back while the sun rises. you're definitely not the only ones. you're surfing up until they close the waters to set up. you grab breakfast before registration.

A | okay bye baby.

P | good luck

you give him a hug and a quick kiss.

A | thank you.

P | see you on the other side.

you giggle and he gives maggie a high five.

P | do good, girl.

M | will do.

P | you too man.

B | thanks.

payton and amber head off. you bryce and maggie try to stick together in the chaos. you sign in and stand around on the beach with your boards.

man | WE HAVE THE BEACH SPLIT UP. DOWN AT COVE THERE IS AN ORANGE FLAG ALL PEOPLE COMPETING IN THE KIDDY TOURNAMENT WILL BE DOWN THERE. PURPLE FLAG FOR BEGINNERS, YELLOW FOR MODERATE, PINK IS ADVANCED, AND BLUE IS EXPERT. PLEASE STAND BY YOUR FLAGS UNTIL YOU GET FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

you're at the expert flag and you and bryce and introducing yourself to people. maggie went back to advanced this year because she got destroyed last year in expert. expert is one of the smaller groups consisting of about 100-125 people. it's a long morning until they start posting the bracket and they give you your competition number that you enter into an app that rings you before your warm up session. maggie is the 2nd match. you and bryce watch the first round go from the shore. you sit around until it's finally your time to go. after a long warm up you run back to amber and payton so they can wish their final good lucks.

competition next chapter 😳

Word Count: 912