So Much to Love

I find Iris' car already in the parking lot when I arrive at Windward Crossings, the place we're holding the rehearsal dinner. It's a large building, one I'd only seen from the outside in my younger days, when I was on my way to the mall or something. Stone walls and fake torches, leading the pathway.

     Juliette gets out of the passenger side, her long dark hair flowing down her back. I proceed to get out of the car as well, grabbing my purse and my make up bag.

     I don't have to look PERFECT tonight, since it's just the rehearsal dinner. But I'd like to look presentable. I'm still not sure of the long, flowly brides maid dress Iris chose for all of us. Pink's not my favorite color, and of course, that's the color she chose for us.

     We walk down the pavement and into the building. Workers bustle around the rooms, preparing for the dinner. I see Aunt Darla and my Mom talking in a large huge room labeled 'The Great Hall'. Tables line the far walls, with several containers of food already set on them.

     "Where-" Juliette starts.

      Off to the side, we hear a seductive voice, "Hello ladies."

     We turn our heads and find Dylan, Ki and Thomas. Dylan and Ki lean against the wall, trying to look sexy or something, I guess. Thomas just rolls his eyes and chuckles .

     "Hey." I offer, "Where are the dressing rooms?"

     "Just down this hallway." Thomas points.

     "Cool. I'm going to go change." Juliette nods.

     "Are you?" Ki says, wiggling his eyebrows.

     Juliette looks at them, playfully, "Yes. Would you care to join?"

     I look at her surprised.

     Dylan squints at us, "Maybe."

     "Too bad!" Juliette grins, "HA!"

      She turns on her heel and heads to the dressing rooms, leaving me and Thomas behind laughing and Dylan and Ki looking confused.

      Thomas laughs, "I love Juliette."

     I smile, "Me too."

     "I don't understand girls." Dylan shakes his head, "Who wouldn't want some of this FINE action?"

     I shake my head before I turn around, "Don't try to understand girls. You'll end up as confused as a cow in a parking lot. I'm going to go change too. And you CAN'T join me."

     "See ya!" Thomas calls.

     "A cow in a parking lot." I hear Dylan mutter.

     I barely hear Ki as I head down the hall, "The scary thing is, someone must've been speaking from experience when they said that."

     :     :    :    :    :

     The pink lace hangs down at my heels. The white flats go perfectly with it. I'm so happy Iris chose flats for us, because I'm way too tall as it is and let's be honest, my level of grace is not up to par. Not that it ever was, but, you know. No need to make me even more freakishly tall. Willa steps out of her room, "I look like a strawberry smoothie."

     I look at her in the mirror. Her red hair and light pink dress do clash a little. And it doesn't really fit her figure very well. I guess Iris didn't pick the dress for Willa.

     "You look cute." I say with a smile. Maybe I'm fibbing a little, but a sweet lie is better than a bitter truth.

     Vanessa steps out of her room, "How are we supposed to do our hair?"