Begin Again

It had been a week. Will had to organize and give Audrey a funeral, since the two of them had been married. He and Audreys family weren't exactly on great terms, but seeing as he was the husband he had to give the funeral, they had to attend whether they liked him or not.

I'd seen Audrey for the first time. Covered in blood from a gunshot to her chest and her white jumpsuit was stained. She was really pretty. Auburn hair, crystal blue eyes, a sort of pointed nose. I could see why Will had originally married her. She had been beautiful.

But now Will was a windower. Now things were okay, although it didnt feel right going right back to him just after his wife had died. But I feel like it's the best time for both of us. We both need each other right now. We keep each other grounded. We seem to know what do with each other around. We know exactly what we'd like to be.

Saying that, I'd just gotten a job in the area in architectureal engineering that will last about a year. Just in time for Will to finish the second Death Cure movie and then we'll see what happens from there. They haven't been told if they're making a movie based if James Dashners book from before the whole maze thing - The Kill Order.

The past week had flown by. I'd filled in the gaps in my life. I'd sort of resolved things with Zeke, and he tried to understand, although he was still hurt. I think we all thought things would have worked out differently. I'd talked to all the guys -Leon, Narcisuss and Shawn (who'd accepted the job in North Carolina after all). And I'd talked to Marybel, Poppy and Rhea. Everyone was just starting to figure their lives out and moving to different parts of the country.

I miss everyone from Harvard a lot. And I often look on Facebook and in old printed photo albums at the pictures from college. No one really tells you how to live when you leave college. You figure it out on your own, and if you're like me, as soon as you're faced wit a decision, you immediately blank out. But this seemed easier than I thought it would be.

I bought a house using my uncles money. The house is very nice. It's large with lightly painted walls and a charming antiquary feel to it. The living room is by far my favorite with windows covering the entire far wall. I've already picked out some white and pastel blue couches for it.

Yes, it seems like everything in my life was in order but one thing - Will.

Like I said, he had been busy planning Audrey's funeral and organizing other affairs. We had spoken only a couple times - both short, awkward conversations, but you could hear the relief in our voices every time we spoke to one another.

Today was the day we'd planned on meeting each other for the first time since we made up. I'd chosen a nearby fruit farm for us to meet at, because I decided I wanted to at least try making jam - even though I would most likely fail, so I planned to kill two birds with one stone.

I get out of my car, anxious to meet Will. It's not that i'm scared that he won't tale me back - I know he will. But we're beginning again. This is our second chance - we have to make this work. A fresh start. I can't afford to loose Will again. Sometimes, it really hits me how since Will came into my life, I'd found that no one could ever replace him.

I find him by the business shed. He leans against the shed. He wears a purple T-shirt and jeans, looking about as nervous as I do. And I know he's nervous because he holds a cup of coffee on his hands. When he sees me, he stands up straight and clears his throat, "Sidney, hey....."

I walk up to him, smiling. I gesture to the coffee, "You nervous, too?"

He looks down at the coffee, a look of realization passing over his face, "Oh, um, yeah. A little....."