The Sky's the Limit

I toss my plaid shirt on my bed and throw my hair into a pony tail. The maroon shorts, come a good five inches above my knee, and actually sort of match with the old T-shirt. I grab my pink water bottle from my backpack, and fill it up in the bathroom sink.

Don't judge me too harshly - but I can't go a week without working out. It's inhumanly possible for me. I enjoy jogging and working my muscles. Using the extrodinary body I was given and putting it to use. That's just how I am. I may not eat the healthiest, but I work out on a regular basis and it keeps me thin.

I double check my hair and my shoes, making sure both are tied up tight. I snatch my phone and my wallet and head to the door. I turn the handle and open it, surprised to find a face on the other side staring back at me with the same amount of surprise.

Will.

My eyes widen, "Oh, hi."

He looks at me, cheerfully, "Um, hey. I was just coming to see what you were doing."

"I was about to go to the gym." I say, gesturing too my outfit.

"Oh." Will says, looking at me, "Well, then....."

He trails off shaking his head, "Never mind."

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

He shakes his head again, "Nothing. I was just going to see if you wanted to do something, or if you were bored. But nevermind."

"Do you want to come with me?" I ask.

"Yes, I do." He nods, smiling, "I need to get dressed, so-" 

"I can wait for you." I interrupt, "I'm patient."

His eyes smile, "Right then! See you in a bit!"

"Okay. I'll meet you in the lobby?" I smile.

"Definitely." He nods, walking backwards down the hall, nearly falling over, but still looking happy about it.

I smile to myself.

Will Poulter.

What a curious man.

: : : : :

     I pull into the gyms parking lot.

     Next to me, Will is decked out in gym shorts, a T-shirt and running shoes. He looks pretty relaxed. I don't think he's really a "working out" kind of a person. But deep inside I sort of hope that he wants to hang out with me too, which is why, maybe, he came.

     I look at him and he looks at me.

     "You got everything?" I ask.

     He considers, "Maybe. What's in the fancy black gym bag of yours?" He points to the backseat.

     I shrug, "Just work out stuff. I think I have an energy drink in there. And extra water bottle. A soccer ball and cleats. A head band or two to keep my hair out of my face."

     He raises an eyebrow, jokingly, "A hairband?"

     He reaches for the bag in the back seat, placing it on his lap and opening it. After ruffling through it for a minute, he pulls out a pink head band.

     He grins, "Oh, yeah."

     He quickly slides it on, his hair tufting back. I laugh, "What are you doing?"

     He looks in the mirror, and says in a fake serious tone, "I've got to keep my hair out of my face."

     I laugh again, "Oh, my gosh. Come on, take that off. We've got to go get buff."