The Next Chapter

The next morning I wake up with heavy breath, drentched in sweat and my face wet with tears. My hair clings to the back of my neck, and it takes me a second to remember where I am. I know I was dreaming about Will. I also know that I shouldn't be dreaming about him.

But it hurts. It hurts so much.

I feel myself breaking again, and in no time, I'm clutching my pillow and sobbing quietly. I get the tears out, making the pain lessen.

I hear someone in the kitchen, messing around with stuff and a door closes. I guess everyone is getting up. I look over at the clock to find it's nine thirty. I sigh, trying to put myself together.

Today, I will close the door to my past. I will open the door to my future, step through and start the next chapter of my life. One with less pain. One without Will Poulter. It's going to hurt letting go. But it would hurt far worse holding on. For the past year, I've always thought "what would be best for Will?" And now I'll do what's best for me.

I climb out of bed, still wearing the clothes I left my wedding in. The T-shirt repulses me. I can't stand to look at the leggings. I guess the next chapter of my life starts with a shopping trip.

I wipe my eyes one more time before I walk out the door and into the living room. I find all of the guys are awake. Leon and Shawn sit at the table, eating breakfast, Zeke sits on the couch, looking bored and Narcisuss stands in the kitchen, making.....coffee.

Wills favorite drink.

I've got to get out of here. I can't have coffee, I can't smell coffee, I can't look at coffee. I won't ever be able to go to a Starbucks again. I LOVE Starbucks! I feel myself on the verge of tears, but I pull together quickly.

I take a breath, "Morning."

All four guys look over.

"Hey." Zeke nods.

Narcisuss smirks, giving me elevator eyes, "Morning, Sidney."

Leon and Zeke roll their eyes (I guess Narcisuss is usually extremely flirtatious) while Shawn looks a little awkward. Leon and Shawn offer "good mornings" and go back to what they were doing.

I sigh, "So, are there any clothes shops or anything around? I didn't really bring.....well, anything."

Shawn offers, "Well, there's a dollar store a couple blocks away, but the Target is fifteen if you're driving."

I nod, "Well, um, I think I'm going to walk to the Target. I'll see you guys later."

Zeke stands, "Wait, you're going by yourself?"

I look back at him, "Well, yeah."

All the guys share looks. Narcisuss slowly says, "Why don't I come with you? We can take my car."

I make a small, uncomfortable noise in the back of my throat, "You don't have to do that. Besides, I'll be there for a while, picking out clothes and stuff."

Zeke and Narcisuss share a glance.

Zeke says, "I need to get a couple things too. I'll join."

Shawn finishs his last bite of cereal, burping, "Shoot, since all three of you are going, I'll just come along for the ride."

The three boys turn to Leon, who has his head stuffed in a Sherlock Holmes book. He doesn't realize their staring for a minute. Then he looks up slowly, with wide, uncomfortable eyes, "W-what?" He mutters, "I wasn't listening."

Zeke rolls his eyes, "You're coming to the store with us."

Leon furrows his eyebrows, "Um, okay."