So Soon

Will POV:

The fact that things are so normal is weird. I felt like the world would just stop when Sidney left me. But it keeps chugging along. And I keep chugging along with it. Trying to keep up appearances. Filming of the Death Cure, which they decided to make into two parts (BAD idea). And then keeping up with Dylan, Thomas and Ki. Although, Thomas has been keeping more to himself and his family now, but it makes no difference, we crash his place anyway.

Thomas and Iris forgave me easily. As did Dylan and Ki. It just.....sucks. There is really no other way to put it than sucks. I wanted to marry Sidney. I wanted to be with her. But Audrey refused to sign the divorce papers and Sidney wouldn't talk to me for longer than five minutes.

I feel like I should move on, but I don't want to. I know Sidney is the one. And love never gives up. So I will keep on trying - until one day, Audrey will sign the papers and I will be free. I'll have to win back Sidney's trust of course, but love never fails. I will end up with Sidney. One way or another.

Right now, I sit at Thomas and Iris' house, waiting for Dylan and Ki to get here. Their house is very shabby/modern, which is a good fit for them. A nice open floor plan, Bradley and Shadow sleep upstairs while Tom and Iris' bedroom is down, and they have a big porch and backyard.

I sit on the couch, next to Iris and Thomas. Iris is on Pinterest or something and Thomas sits next to her, looking at her screen as she pins stuff.

He kisses her temple, "You're such a nerd."

She smirks, not taking her eyes off the screen, "You love it."

He grins, standing, "I know." He starts limping towards the kitchen, "I need a drink. You guys want anything?"

Iris looks up, "Hot chocolate, please?"

Thomas shakes his head, "It's still hot outside. You have problems."

"And hot chocolate will fix them."

Thomas chuckles and looks at me, "How about you?"

I shake my head, "Nah, i'm fine."

Thomas grabs a couple cups, grinning, "Yeah, you are!"

Iris looks over at me, "Hey, Will, have you seen pictures of Percy's new baby, Byron, yet?"

I shake my head, feeling sadness creep in at the rememberance of Sideys older brother, "Can't say I have."

She pulls Facebook up, "Oh, my gosh. He is adorable, you have to see him. Look."

She shows me a few pictures of a little baby with big eyes and a thick head of hair. She gushes, "He looks just like Percy did."

I raise my eyebrows, "It's weird that he didn't get red hair since Thalia has such flaming red locks."

"Yeah." Iris grins, "But he's cute anyway."

She clicks on her news feed and it starts to load. She grumbles under her breath, "Ah, stupid, slow internet."

Suddenly, there is a small cry from upstairs. Iris groans throwing her head back, "No! Twins are hard! I can't keep doing this!"

Thomas looks over at her, "You're doing a great job, Iris."

"Lies." She mutters, pushing her laptop off her lap, "I'll be right back. I wonder which one it is this time."

She gets up and walks up the stairs, heading to check on her babies. Thomas continues shuffling around in the kitchen, making hot chocolate for Iris. As I wait, her computer finishes loading.

What shows up on her screen, nearly gives me a heart attack.

I see a post from a boy. Named Shawn Owl. The words above the pictures read: Book store and then the botanical garden with these crazies!

The first one has a picture of just Sidney, an open book in hand. She looks at the camera shyly. Just like she always did. The next picture is Sidney and Marybel trying to stack books on a muscular guys head. They all are laughing in the picture and it makes me kind of sad. The next picture has them at a botanical garden, right by a fountain - a big group of people. I recognize Marybel, Poppy and Rhea but there are guys there too. A guy with happy green eyes. One with curly hair. The same muscular guy. And Zeke. Zeke Davies.

I have never liked that Sidney started living with him. Sidney and I never lived together and we were dating. We were getting married. But the same awful realization comes into my head, one that I've pondered over before - maybe they are dating. Maybe they will get married. I had my chance - why would Sidney give me another one? I don't even know if she thinks about me anymore.

There were things I never showed her. Never told her. Unforgivable things. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just can't make it work. Maybe Zeke understands her better. Maybe he makes her happier. I'll have to go forward. Because Sidney isn't coming back.

One day they'll probably get married. And I'll inevitably run into them. I'll have to shake Zekes hand and say it's nice to see him again. I'll have to understand that they're married. And I will understand. But that doesn't mean I won't think about her.

I know that we broke up. I know she thinks it's better that we stay apart. I know some things should just stay broken. Some things should stay unspoken. But I don't want to see her happier with somebody else.

I'm not too proud to admit that I miss her. Sometimes it's not so easy.

Why can't both if us stay single? Why can't we be alone?

I know she needs someone to be there for her. I know she's chosen Zeke.

But this just feels so soon.

There's a knock on the front door.

Thomas looks up, "Must be Dylan or Ki. When did they start knocking?"

I shrug, snapping out of my stupor, "Dunno."

Thomas calls, "Come on in!"

Ki Hong and Dylan step inside, with grins on their faces. They spot me and ask, "Where are the kids?"

"Upstairs taking a nap." I gesture to the staircase.

Dylan grins, "I'm not talking about Bradley and Shadow."

Ki snickers.

Thomas peers at them from the kitchen with shadowed eyes, "You're hilarious, Dylan."

"Yeah, I am!" Dylan smiles, sitting on the couch.

Ki walks to the kitchen, "I'm eating your food - hope it's okay."

My eyes keep flashing over to the computer screen, looking at Sidney. She's not wearing yoga pants or an old T-shirt in these pictures. She's wearing an over sized Hawiaan shirt and jeans. It's weird seeing how she's changed, but not being there for the change. She looks happy. I can't decide if she looks happier than she did when we were together.

"Will."

"Will!"

"WILL!"

I shake my head, my eyes snapping up, "Y-yeah?"

Thomas looks at me with furrowed eyebrows, "You alright?"

I nod, "Yeah, I'm fine, mate."

Dylan leans over towards the laptop, "What do you keep looking at?"

"Nothing!" I say, trying to stop him.

But it's too late. He's seen. His eyes become softer. A little sad. He looks over at me, "Isn't it time you tried to get over her? Maybe.....go out with someone out?"

I let my eyes linger over to the computer for another second, "Maybe.....but not yet. It's so soon."