Classic

The doorbell rings as I slip on a sweater. I'm about to call out 'I'll get it!', but then I hear Marybel squeal, "I've got it!"

     My eyes widen in horror, "NO, MARYBEL, IT'S OKAY! I'VE GOT IT!"

     But, I hear the front door open and Marybels voice say, "Hi, you must be Will! I'm Marybel! Sidney's dorm mate."

     "Nice to meet you, Marybel. Yes, I'm Will."

     I sigh, adjusting my shirt before I walk out into the common area. Rhea follows behind me in the hallway, intrigued to meet Will. Will stands by the front door, Marybel a few feet away, looking her usual friendly, ditzy self.

     Marybel continues to talk to Will, "So you're British, right?"

     Will smiles, "Yeah. Did the accent give it away?"

     Marybel giggles.

     I feel uncomfortable with Marybel talking to Will. Marybel is unusually pretty, with curly blonde hair, big, brown, puppy dog eyes, tan skin and - jeez I'll go ahead and say it, she's perfect. She has one of those personalities, where, even if she isn't flirting, it seems like she is. She ALWAYS knows what to say, which I find very unfair, because I'm socially awkward.

     Will glances to the doorway where I've appeared, and breaks out in a huge, adorable smile that manages to make my heart melt like butter on a hot day, "Hey, Sidney!"

     I smile, "Hey, Will."

     I look at Rhea and Marybel, "Sorry girls, i'm taking him away. We're outta here."

     Marybel gives her signature pouty eyes, "Awwwww!"

     "I didn't even say hi yet." Rhea says. 

     "Well, hurry up." I say, walking over to Will, brushing my shoulder against his, sending sparks up my arm.

     Rhea steps over and shakes Wills hand, "I'm Rhea, the sane room mate. Nice to meet you."

     Will chuckles, "Nice to meet you."

     "Okay, let's go." I say, grabbing Wills arm.

     "Someone's excited for their date." Rhea mutters.

     I open the front door and drag Will out with me. He calls before I close the door, "Pleasure meeting you!"

     I lock the door and look at him, "They drive me insane."

     He grins as we walk out of the dorm building, "They seem nice. They like you anyway."

     "I like them too." I say, letting Will take the lead to his car, "But they're girls. And there are three of them. I've only ever had one brother and I wasn't equipped for a girly girl, a sassy girl and a quiet room mate."

     He laughs, "Poppy's the quiet one, yes?"

     "Oh, definitely." I chuckle.

     "And she's your room mate?" He asks.

     "Yep."

     "You get along with her the best?" He confirms.

     "Correct."

     "Why do you think you get along with her the best?" He asks.

     "Because she's REALLY chill. She knows how to relax." I respond.

      Will laughs, loudly, "Well, that's good, because you don't."

      I furrow my eyebrows, "I do too."