Saturday

"Good? Really? That's all I get? GOOD?" Rosabel says in disbelief.

     "What more is there TO GET? We went for a run, we talked we went home. And then I resumed being the good little school girl I am." I nod.

     Rosabel shoves one of the shoe boxes back on the rack, "You've wanted to go out with Zeke Davies since you first laid eyes on him. And all you say is your date was 'good'. Girl, you are SO full of it!"

     "By 'it' do you mean sensiblity?" I say, batting my eyelashes at her.

     "Does this have to do with Will?" She says, crossing her arms.

     "No!" I say quickly, then pause, "Maybe. A little."

     Rosabel throws her hands in the air, "Oh my gosh!"

     "I'm allowed to take interest in more than one man! I'm not committed to either of them!" I defend, pulling out a pair of blue running shoes from the rack, "What do you think of these?"

      "They're cute." Rosabel says, quickly turning the subject back around,"But what happens if one day, you're hanging out with your little friend, Will, and some pony riding dingo comes along, snaps a picture, and then -BOOM- suddenly your face is all over the internet and Zeke FINDS IT?"

     "Pony riding dingo....." I muse under my breath, peering into other Payless shoeboxes.

     "Sidney!"

     I look over at her, "Then I guess BOTH boys will have to man up and get over it, because i'm not their girlfriend. Either one of them."

     "What happens if one of them does ask you to be their girlfriend?" Rosabel inquires.

     "I don't know." I shrug.

     "You don't know?" Rosabel says, disbelievingly.

     "Nope." I smile a little, "That's the beauty of it."

     She throws her hands in the air. The fact that she's getting so riled up about it is rather amuseing. She starts pacing around, distracted.

     I chuckle, "You've been hanging around Rhea too much."

     "Not my fault - you're the one who left for a week!" Rosabel shakes her finger at me.

     I only chuckle and looks in another shoe box.

     Rosabel sighs and looks at her phone, "I've got to go. I have class in an hour. I'll talk to you later."

     I wave, "Okay, see you."

     She walks out the door, leaving me alone in the shoe shop.

     :     :     :     :     :

     *two weeks later*

       There's a small library right outside of the college that I'd taken a liking to. It was quiet, because most of the students went to the on-campus library, and it smelled old. Not many people came to this one and the head librarian scowls at everyone who comes in, which makes my reading experiences much more interesting. She's a little old, Asian lady, with big hair, bad American grammar and a bent back, making her sort of look like a boomerang with yellow skin. She sort of reminds me of that slug lady in Monsters Inc. She doesn't SAY IT, but the looks she gives practically scream, "I'm watching you Wisouski. Always watching."

     I answer my phone quickly when it starts ringing loudly. I get dirty looks from Slug Lady Librarian and the few other people who occupy the library.