Picnic

"You had better pray that comes out of your shirt." I say, scowling.

Who am I talking to?

No, not Karla.

Will.

I swear, it's like having a little ten year old boy with him. A very mild mannered - and not entirely stupid ten year old boy, but nonetheless.

He shrugs, pouting with his still adorable British accent. After six years he's still adorable and it's not fair! I still have unruly brown hair and a strange addiction to excersiseing, so I guess things just don't change mush over time.

"I didn't mean to spill it." He says innocently.

I sigh, raising an eyebrow at him.

On the ground nearby, Karla plays in the dirt with some rocks. She's five now. She still has her Dads eyes and my messy brown hair, poor girl. My hair is not my best attribute. But she did get my broze skin and that is definitely something to be proud of.

We're at a park right now, having a picnic. A couple days ago, Karla rode her bike with out her training wheels without falling for the first time and we decided to celebrate by biking to the park and having a picnic.

With Karla, half the time I feel like I'm walking on thin ice. She can get mad very quickly and she doesnt pitch fits, she just scowls and is resentful for a while. But she will pretty much fight on any provocation. Will loves her, but he's also I kind scared of her..... She's very spirited.

She looks up at her Dad, "You made a mess, Daddy."

He smiles down at her, "Yeah, but it was an accident."

"You could just buy a new shirt instead of Mummy washing it." She suggests, brushing some if her hair out if her eyes.

He chuckles, sharing a glance with me, "I suppose I could, but only if you helped me pick it out."

She scrunches up her nose, "You mean go shopping?"

"Sure." Will nods.

She looks at him as if he's crazy, "Maybe Mum could wash it, actually."

Will chuckles, looking at me quietly, "She's your daughter."

I click my tounge, "Lucky girl."

I look back down at her, to find her knocking up dry dirt onto her cute leggings and dotted shirt.

I gasp, dashing over quickly, "Karla, no! Don't get dirt on your clothes!"

She looks up at me, "What's wrong, Mummy?"

I sigh, "This is a cute outfit."

She looks down at it in confusion, "It is?"

I shake my head, looking up, "Why do I even bother anymore?"

Will packs away the rest of our lunch in the picnic basket, "Well, since we're done with our lunches and we're just playing in the dirt and making your Mum crazy, should we go home?"

Karlas eyes get big, "I wanna go on the slide one more time? Can I?"

She looks inbetween Will and I with her impossibly blue eyes with such hope. I sigh, smiling, "Go ahead. But be quick."

She jumps up, grinning, "Okay!"

"Do you want me to come?" Will calls after her.

"No, I can do it all by myself!" She says, slurring her words a little as she climbs the stairs to the slide.