Adventure Seeking

I slide on some simple ear rings to go with the teal blue dress I'll be wearing this evening. Everything in wear is simple- just the way I like it. Tonight is the last night that Thalia will be single, and she wants to go live it up, get drunk, and dirty dance with random guys before she's committed. Because that makes a lot of sense.

     Next to me, Thalia Thalia puts on some pinkish lip gloss to go with her pale pink dress. That girl really does have style. She's the kind of girl who looks good in floral patters and some patters you think old ladies would wear, but she can totally rock them. She always dresses nice, and it goes with her quiet confident air.

     She looks at me in the mirror, "Tonight's going to be fun. I promise.  I know this whole bar scene isn't really your thing, but it'll be good. You'll loosen up, get a great hangover, regret half the things you did in the morning. It'll be nice."

     I chuckle, "Yeah, you make it sound awesome."

     She laughs, turning to me and grabbing my arms, "It will be. You've just got to accept that sometimes in life you'll do stupid stuff. And it's best to be able to say you were under the influence of liquor. Have a drink! Or two. Or ten. The more you drink the less accountable you'll be for your actions."

     Laughing, I say, "Wow, Thalia, thanks for the advice."

    "No problem." She grins.

     She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, "Ready?"

     I look at myself in the mirror one more time, "Yeah."

     We walk down the stairs and find Juliette bouncing up and down near the breakfast bar, shouting, "TOO MUCH ENERGY, TOO MUCH ENERGY!"

     Iris sits on the couch, covering her ears with the palms of her hands. Our good friend, Kit, stands in the corner, looking slightly afraid.

    I cringe as Thalia shouts over Juliette, "What is going on!?"

     Iris looks over at us, "Apparently, Juliette has a lot of energy!"

     Juliette bounces over to us, "I'm just a little energizer bunny!"

     I pat her head, "Yep, we can see that, dearest."

     "Well, quick, make your batteries run out while I get a drink of water." Thalia says, walking over to the kitchen.

     "Okay!" Juliette says, struting over to the breakfast bar, "OUT AND ABOUT IN TOWN, READY TO SHOW THE WORLD WHAT I'M MADE OF! GOT MY SASS, GOT MY CLASS AND GIRL YOU CAN KEEP THAT FREAKING TRASH!"

     I wince at her off key singing and look at her, "Juli, calm down, you're going to scare Thalia out of the family."

     Juliette grins, "I don't think I will. Percy should've scared her out of the family YEARS ago! But she's still here!"

     I shadow my eyes, "Then you'll scare Kit."

     Juliette just grins and continues bounding around through the house.

     Iris looks over at Thalia, "Where are we going again?"

    Thalia grins, "Clubbing."

     Iris and Juliette share a look I know very well. Neither of them drink and they both feel very uncomfortable around drinking. I don't think Iris has ever had liquor in her life. Much less Juliette.

     Thalia rolls her eyes, "I know, you guys don't drink. I don't expect you to. You'll make sure I get home in one piece tonight. But humor me. My last night single. Goodness."