Gorgeous

Our group consists of a large number. There's me, Percy, Iris, Juliette, Willa, Vanessa, Zy and Tobias. We're missing Kit, Snow and Calabaza, but we should meet up with them soon enough.

"I'm just saying," Zy starts, "That if you added a few molecules of a cats eye, you could probably see in the dark."

I furrow my eyebrows, "How are you not a mad scientist?"

He smirks, "Who's to say I'm not?"

Percy rolls his eyes as we push past the people in the hallway, trying to battle our way out of the school, "Even if you were crazy enough to try, what if it took away your ability to see certain colors? Animals are partially color blind, you know?"

Iris shakes her head, "This conversation is getting way too scientific for me. Who did the math assignment and would they be willing to let me copy it?"

I huff, "Iris, it's simple algebra."

She shadows her eyes, "There is nothing simple about algebra."

Several people part for us as we walk down the hall. Their eyes follow us. The staring still bothers me, even though I know why they're staring.

"If you had studied when I told you to-" I start.

Tobias groans, "Girls, girls, you're both pretty! Can we go to your parents diner now?"

Behind us, Willa and Vanessa agree, "Yes, please?"

All of a sudden, a pair of cold eyes steps in front of us. Two girls stand at her side as she looks us up and down. We're in a mostly empty section of the hall. She has no audience. She takes another few seconds glaring at me. I don't understand why she hates me so much. She has a crush on Percy, so why be mean to his sister?

Iris raises an eyebrow, looking at Megan carefully, "Megan, how are you?"

Megan looks at Iris. Iris and Megan are on okay terms. Seeing as Megan's little sisters are best friends with her. Megan is just looking for someone to bother right now.

Megan looks Iris up and down, "Fine. Willa, Vanessa, I see you are with your thundering heard of nerds?" She looks over at Percy, with flirting eyes, "And Percy is here too."

Vanessa huffs, "Really, Megs? Cut it out."

"Cut what out?" Megan asks with fake innocence, her friends chuckling behind her.

"Being a jerk!" Willa spits, angrily.

Tobias pushes Willa back, "Easy Wills. She's just trying to get under everyones skin."

"And it's working!" Megan sings, her blue eyes flashing with amusement.

I hear Willa mutter something under her breath, "And everyone thinks you're so pretty and perfect."

Willa's older sister looks at her with sympathy. Apparently, she heard it too, "Oh, Willa. Don't be jealous of me, just because you're not pretty. I mean, look at that pale skin!"

Willa's features try to remain hard, but everyone can tell she's been cut pretty deep.

Tobias steps forward this time, "Megan, I swear to everything that is good, if you do not shut the hell up I will-"

She raises an eyebrow, "What are you going to do Tobias?"

Zy places a hand on Tobias' shoulder, "Dont worry about it, Tobi. She can't help it. See, the birth control bottle clearly said that if you're taking birth control pills, you can no longer take bitch control pills. If only she didn't sleep around....."

Percy fist bumps him, "That sick burn, though!"

Juliette glares, "Guys, cut it out! We all need to walk away. No one is ever going to understand what Megan's problem is and confrontations aren't going to help."

Megan steps closer to Juliette, "What if I follow you guys? What then?"

Vanessa pushes Megan back, "Then I'll smash your freaking face in you son of a-"

A voice rings across the hall, "What's going on here?"

I look up to find Kit, Calabaza and Snow walking towards us. Megan and Kit used to be friends, and for some reason, Megan still kind of cares about what Kit thinks, so she generally backs down when Kit is around.

Megan steps back, looking at Kit, "Nothing. Willa, Vanessa, I'm taking the car. Hope you have a ride home."

"No problem." Willa grumbles.

Megan and her two girlfriends walk down the hall, talking quietly as they go.

Kit looks over at us, "What happened this time?"

Willa scowls, "Nothing. Just Megan being her ususal freaking self. You know, she thinks she's so perfect, just because she's pretty."

Zy snorts, "Yeah, hun, looks aren't everything - personality counts too." He starts singing, "SHE'S GORGEOUS! SHE'S PRETTY! HER ATTITUDE IS SHI-"

"Do not finish that sentence!" Iris yelps.

Zy mumbles something under his breath with a grin and Iris whacks his arm, "You douche bag!"

Willa, Percy and Zy all chuckle, as I watch in quiet. It really bothers me about Megan. How mean she is to Willa and Vanessa - her little sisters! And what exactly does she have against the rest of us? Besides the fact that Percy just will not ask her out. But being a jerk isn't going to help her there.

Iris pats Willa's shoulder, "Don't listen to Megan, Willa. You are so pretty!"

Willa rolls her eyes, trying to look casual, "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Thanks for saying so."

Tobias furrows his eyebrows, "Come on, Willa. Really, you are pretty."

Percy nods, "So pretty."

Willa starts blushing, looking uncomfortable.

Vanessa nods, "Alright, we're making her feel awkward. We'd better stop. The only thing she fears more than not being beautiful, is being called beautiful."

I nod, patting Willa on the back, "Come on, let's all head to the diner. Get some grub."

Iris shudders, "How many times have I told you not to use that word?"

I grin, "Many. But it's fun just to see you squirm. Grub, grub, grub, grub, grub."

Iris smacks the back of my head as we walk to the car, "Stop that!"

I laugh as we walk out of the double doors, "Okay, okay."