What

After six months of Iris calling me, varifing plans and dress, and giving her pep talks, I step into Iris' apartment in Louisiana. Iris practically buzzes with excitement and nervousness.

She leads me into her house, "Thomas isn't here right now. Him and all the guys are meeting at the hotel because I claimed the apartment."

I nod, feeling pretty excited myself, "Alright."

Iris nods, "Anyway, Kelsie and Juliette are somewhere around-"

We hear a loud crack and a burst of laughter from the kitchen and share a confused glance. We venture to the kitchen and peer in. In the kitchen Kelsie and Juliette stand with a carton of eggs. Kelsie has egg yolk in her hair and both the girls are laughing.

Kelsie is one of Iris' best friends that she met here in Louisiana. Iris volunteers at the animal shelter all the time, which is where Kelsie works, and that's how they became friends.

Iris scrunches her face up, "What are you doing?"

Kelsie turns around and Juliette looks at us, "Oh, nothing."

Iris holds her hand out in a "Oh, really" gesture.

I start, "What....are you...." My mind goes through a mental freeze as I throw my hands in the air and turn around, walking to the living room, "Never mind."

I hear Juliette and Kelsie laugh in the kitchen.

As we walk into the living room, I ask, "Are they always like that? I mean, I know Juliette is, but Kelsie?"

She shrugs, a knowing grin on her face, "I wouldn't worry. They have me, I keep them out of trouble. Besides, once you meet the guys, they'll seem totally normal."

I shake my head, "The guys....."

Iris follows me, "Dont worry. They're not as scary as they seem. Plus, Thalia and Vanessa will be getting here this afternoon, so we'll have some sanity. "

I nod, "Some form of sanity would be nice."

Iris is silent for a few seconds, pondering. Then she turns and looks at me, "Sid, do you believe in love at first sight?"

The question catches me off guard. I look at the floor, zoning out. I lick lips, "Like with a guy? No. At least not for me. Anyway, men are a complete mystery to me."

The corners of her mouth twitch up and she places her hand on my shoulder, "Ah, my dear, LIFE itself is a mystery. You've got to gather the clues before you can solve the puzzle. Not the other way around. And then there's nothing more rewarding than finding your last clue, and your final prize."

I look at her, studying her, with a blank expression on my face, "I know." I look her dead in the eye, "But is that prize really worth it?"

: : : : :

The night before I slept terrible. I forget what it was about, but I had a dream that kept me tossing and turning. And the dream still nagged me. It's something important. On the tip of my tounge and I can't remember.

And it's slowly driving me insane.

Iris spins around in the dress. She honestly looks like a princess. Like that yellow dress Belle wears in beauty in the beast- only white. We all demanded that she try it on for us girls, because she loves us. And if we didnt like it, we'd have to get a new one the week before the wedding, because we totally have that kind of power.

We all sit in my hotel room.

Across the room, I hear Juliette yell, "I love it!"

Iris smiles, "I figured you would."