Endings and Beginnings

I look over a Will, "We should probably stop watching movies and go outside and do something."

He groans and looks up at me, from where his head rests in my lap, "But the couch is so comfy. And besides, this is a marathon! We should go ahead and watch a fifth movie! Make a record of it."

I purse my lips, "Or maybe, we could go for a short walk."

"Or maybe, we could eat ice cream!"

I grin, "Maybe we should walk to buy the ice cream, because I don't have any."

He looks up at me blankly, "You don't have ice cream?"

"That's a negative." I nod.

"Why am I dating someone who doesn't have ice cream?"

"Why am I dating someone who took ballet for most of their growing up years?"

"Shots fired." He nods.

"So, are we walking to the grocery store?"

Will thinks, "Hmmmmm, do I really want ice cream that much?"

I laugh, pushing his head off my lap, standing up, and grabbing his hand, "Come on, ya big lug."

He groans as I tug him out the front door.

: : : : :

"I'm just saying, it would be cool if there was an ice cream or something that turned your tounge blue or whatever. Could you imagine, driving an ice cream truck and selling kids ice cream that made there mouths all red, so people would think they were a zombie or something?" Will sounds like and excited two year old. He swings the grocery bag with the ice cream in it back and forth as we walk across campus.

I smirk a little bit, humoring him, "I don't think they'd think he was a zombie."

He steps in front of me, walking backwards, "But one day, you're just innocently walking by someone, when all of a sudden - you notice they have an orange mouth, and you're like, 'wow, bro, see a doctor.' And he's like 'nah, man, have some ice cream'. Friendships could be started that way."

I chuckle, grabbing his hand and leading him, "Come on."

He follows blindly, "Maybe someone would even get married because they met from the ice cream! Why aren't we funding this? And.....hey, where are we going? Your apartment is that way."

"We're getting my mail." I say, continuing to pull him along.

"Oh," he says, "but you must admit, this ice cream thing is a great idea."

"A great idea." I mutter, stepping up to my mailbox.

"It is! Are you even listening?"

"Yeah, it'll change your tounge different colors and people will get married over it. In the end it will make the world a better place." I say, opening the box and pulling out several envelopes.

"Yeah, you get the idea." Will nods.

I flip through the various envelopes. All of them look the same as ususal. I pass one letter and find a different looking envelop.

I raise e my eyebrows, "Hmmmmm."

"What?" Will looks over my shoulder.

I show him the envelop, "It's not a bill."

He nods, "That's very observant of you."

I roll my eyes, "Smarty pants."

"I can't bypass you, but I can try."