Karla Jane

(A/N: Any guesses on whether it's going to be a boy or a girl?)

"So, do you have your bags packed yet?" I ask with energy.

On the other line, I hear my Mom chuckle, "You're not due for another month! No we don't have our bags packed yet."

I pout, "But Mom, I want you to see how fat I've gotten! You should see my ankles, they're so swollen!"

In the background, I hear Percy yell, "TINA, YOU FAT LARD, GO GET SOME DINNER!"

I grunt, "Mom, tell Percy I hate him. He's mean and he doesn't understand pregnancy."

I can practically see her rolling her eyes, "I wasn't like this when I was pregnant. I wasn't this clingy. I hated everyone when I was pregnant. Where did you get the happy pregnant lady genes from?"

"Probably Dads side of the family." I hear Percy.

Mom continues, "Go cling to your husband. I'm busy, I'm trying to get stuff done."

I huff, "My husband is boring. I live with him all the time."

I can hear Will from the living room, "Ouch. I love you too, Sidney."

"Go sit down. Visit your husband." My Mom mutters and I can hear her getting the keys off the key rack.

I gasp, pouting, "Are you going to work?"

"Yeah." She answers.

I pout, "I want to go to work."

"You're eight months pregnant!"

"So?"

"Go sit with your husband. Watch that vampire show you like so much." She says.

I sigh, "I would sit down, but then, when I have to stand up, I feel like a turtle. You're forgetting, my center of gravity has shifted a little."

She huffs, "Well, I'm going to the restaurant. I will talk to you later. And don't worry - we'll be there in three weeks."

I groan, "But Mooooom!"

"Bye, Sidney."

I hear Percy in the background, "Mom loves me more!"

Then the lines goes dead.

I scrunch up my nose and stick my head in the living room, looking at Will, who sits on the couch, practicing lines for a movie. He looks up at me quickly.

I frown, "My family doesn't love me."

He smirks, rolling his eyes, "They DO love you. Your Mom is just entirely correct when saying you're very clingy right now."

I look in the pantry, "We don't have any mayonnaise."

There's a pause, and I hear Will get off the couch and approach the kitchen. He stands in the doorway with furrowed eyebrows, "Why do you need mayonnaise?"

I look up at the ceiling, refusing to look at the concerned face of Will, "Because I would like some mayonnaise."

He looks at me disgusted, "You are not eating mayonnaise plain!"

"YES, I AM!" I shout, defiantly.

"Yes, you are." Will says his eyes widening.

I nod, "Sorry. I just really need mayonnaise.