What's Cookin'

I fling the front door open to find Will on the other side. I grin, "Hey! You ready?"

     He smiles nervously, "Sure."

     I smile, dragging my suitcase behind me, "Don't worry. You've met Iris, Percy, Thalia and every member of my family pretty much. You don't even have to impress anyone at this point. We're just spending a few days with them. Relax. You'll enjoy yourself."

     "I know I will. Here." He reaches back and takes my suitcase from me and tugs it behind him.

     "So what are your parents like?"

     I purse my lips, "My Dad.....well, he's big, outspoken and gruff. Just pretend to be afraid of him and you're good. My Mom's little and quiet. She's where I get my Hungarian side from. She's a cook and so is my Aunt Darla, Iris and Juliette's mom. So we'll have pleantly of food, as always, and we'll get really fat!"

     Will grins, "I'm looking forward to it. Will I have to impress your brother?"

     "Nah." I shrug it off, "We all think he's weird anyway, becoming a country singer. We're proud of him, of course. All you have to do is act chill. He likes pretty much everyone."

     "Do I need to act a certain way around ANYONE?" He says.

     "Nope." I pop the P, "Just be yourself."

     He sighs, "Okay."

     :     :     :     :     :

     Will pulls both of our suitcases out of the truck, giving me an anxious look.

     He starts, "What if-"

     "They'll love you." I grab his arm, stopping him.

     His shoulders sag and he stares at the ground. He looks so pouty and worried, it's impossibly cute. The concern in his blue green eyes makes my heart squeeze. I hear a voice in the back of my head whisper, "You should kiss him."

     And I really DO want to kiss him. So desparatly. But I don't want to scare him off, we've only been dating a week. So I stand on my toes a little bit and softly kiss his cheek.

     Will blinks, surprised. He looks at me taken back. I feel myself blush and a grin spreads across his face.

     "You kissed me." He smirks, enamored.

     I shrug, "Your face needed my kisses. Now, come on, my family is waiting inside."

     He grabs the bags and follows closely behind me, "You know, I wouldn't complain if you were to ever want to kiss me again."

     I smirk stepping up to the front door, "I'm sure you wouldn't." I look back at him, "Thanks for taking my bags, by the way."

     "Do I get a kiss for that?" He asks, hopefully.

     I shake my head, the corners of my mouth twitching up, "Maybe some other time, Poulter."

     I reach for the door handle, turning it. I poke my head in my Aunts door, calling out, "Hello?"

     My Aunt and Uncles house has a lot of antiques in it. Plus paintings Uncle Douglas has done. A large front hall, a red dining room, dark wood. It has sort of a romantic feel to it.

     Almost immediately, I hear, "SIDNEY!"

     Juliette appears in the doorway and squeals running towards us. I hear shuffling and chatter from the family room.