Home

I sit stiffly in my seat, staring nervously at the road ahead of me. I try to tell myself that this is normal but I've spent the last twenty one years of my life driving on the opposite side of the road, and turns out, this is going to be a hard habit to break.

In the seat next to me, Will chuckles, "Don't worry, Sid, I promise you, I won't crash."

I nod, feeling myself flush, "Yeah."

"Don't worry, we're almost there."

I nod, nervously, "Good."

Will looks over at me, "We can stop if you-"

"No!" I say quickly, "The sooner we get off the road, the better."

He smiles brilliantly, "Alright then."

A couple minutes later, Will pulls into the drive of a decent brick building. It looks a little old. Peeling white paint on the window sills, faded, green shutters to match a faded green door, white curtains on the inside of the window. It's quite a charming place. It sort of seems like something Will would have, but at the same time, it doesn't.

I slide out of the passengers seat as Will opens the trunk, pulling out my bag. He looks at me, "So, this is home. It's a little.....quiant, I know, but.....it's kind of a calm place for me."

I look at him, smiling, "It looks wonderful."

Will grins, "Glad you like it. Shall we go in?"

I nod and we walk together on the walkway, straight to the front door. He unlocks it and we step in. The entire place smells like Will - a little spicey and rustic. The floors are hard wood, and a lot of the furniture is oak wood. There's a small sitting room in the front, right off the front hallway, and what I can see of the living room is cozy.

I smile, looking at Will, "It's nice."

He grins, looking a little shy, "Good. I mean, thanks. I mean, i'm really glad you like it.....what i'm trying to say is-"

I laugh, "It's okay, Will. Just don't talk for a bit."

He nods, "Right."

Suddenly, I hear a small bark and I hear the padding of feet. A second later, a golden retriever walks in, wagging it's tail. It rushes up to me, looking excited as it sniffs me.

"Oh, hi." I say, looking at the dog surprised. I glance over at Will, "You have a dog?"

He nods, "Yeah, this is Daisy. Didn't I tell you?"

I shake my head, "No, how long have you had her?"

He thinks, "Since the first Maze Runner movie. It was originally given to Iris by Thomas. But they ended up getting busy, and just.....things were going on in their life, so they had me watch her for a while, but things just kept getting crazy for them, and eventually it became an unspoken agreement that she was now my dog. Which was totally fine with me, Daisy is chill and she keeps me company. Plus, I know Iris loved Daisy, but I don't think she really wanted the responsibility of having a dog."

He pauses before he adds, "And Daisy gets on really well with my neighbors dog Sparkles, which I don't understand because Sparkles is a little devil."

I laugh, "Such resentment towards a dog."

He raises his eyebrows at me, "That dog is flipping evil."

There's a pause while I pet Daisy, and Will watches me bond with her. Finally, we both look at each other, rather awkwardly. Will smiles softly, slipping his hand in mine, "You want a tour of the full house?"